Chapter 9 - New Developments

Jesse leaned with her shoulder against the wall, watching with slightly raised eyebrows and an amused expression on her face, as Petra fought the wooden armour stand like it was her arch nemesis.

"Don't you think you should take it a little easy?" She asked. "You're only just recovering after all."

"Oh, please!" Petra didn't even look back at Jesse, slamming her sword into the armour stand again. "It's been two entire days already!"

"Yes, two days. Just two days, you won't get out of shape that quickly." Jesse responded, shaking her head and chuckling. "If you can't move your arm tomorrow, I'll be saying I told you so. Did you forget what your shoulder felt like after the fight?"

"You're saying that as if you were fine afterwards." Petra responded, turning around to face Jesse.

"You're right, I have been a little under the weather the past two days, but at least I am allowing myself some time to recover." Jesse said with a roll of her eyes. "Cut yourself some slack, Petra."

"You're so boring." Petra groaned, giving the armour stand another wack with Miss Butter, before tossing the golden sword onto the bed. She crossed her arms. "Everyone is, for that matter. We've all recovered enough, can't we start to at least plan our next move?"

"It's been 48 hours!" Jesse said in exasperation, falling down on Petra's bed.

"And 48 hours isn't enough?" Petra asked, slumping down on the bed beside Jesse and stroking Rascal's head. "How long did you have in mind?"

"Uh, I don't know - a week maybe?" Jesse said, rolling over and propping herself up on her elbows. "The command block isn't going anywhere."

"I know, but it has to be bugging you as well." Petra said with a groan. "I want that devil block gone!"

"You sound rather passionate about it." Jesse mumbled.

"Yeah, well, I am." Petra said almost grumpily. She sighed, shaking her head. "I don't like that the thing can have power over me. And you, I guess."

"I'm not fond of that part either." Jesse said, pulling a hand through her chestnut hair. "It's freaky, no two ways around it. But that just makes me want to mess with it less."

"Opposite effect here." Petra replied.

She turned her head to look at Jesse. "What do you say? When can we go bust that thing apart?"

"Might I remind you that we don't know how?" Jesse pointed out in frustration. "We can't just marge in there blindly."

Petra groaned, faceplanting into the mattress. Rascal tilted his head at her, not understanding what his owner was doing. She chuckled slightly as he began to nuzzle his nose into her hair, nudging her.

"Look, let's have a talk about this with the others, okay?" Jesse said when Petra lifted her head again. "See what they think, and whether Olivia has any idea on how we can at least shut down the command block, considering we can't destroy it."

"Okay, let's go find them then." Petra said matter-of-factly, sitting upright.

"I mean, I was going to suggest tonight at dinner, but this works to." Jesse replied with a chuckle, getting back up from the bed. "But you're left with the task of dragging Lukas away from his quill, as I believe he mentioned something about inspiration having struck.

Petra rolled her eyes. "Fine, deal." She said, breaking into a grin and immediately bolting out of the room.

Sighing, but smiling, Jesse walked out of the bedroom as well, walking off to go find Axel and Olivia. It wasn't hard at all both of them being exactly where Jesse had predicted – Olivia working in her lab and Axel having a snack in the kitchen.