20

"so you and junhui are on good terms now?" mingyu asked, munching his chips as he listened to his best friend talking on the phone.

"we were never on bad terms, we were just a bit distant for a bit because of the whole yao mingming thing, you know?" the latter replied.

"correction– you were distant. junhui was acting completely normal."

minghao scoffed, "whatever. it doesn't matter anymore. the problem is already solved anyways."

just then, the doorbell rang, indicating that wonwoo was home. mingyu's face lit up and the male quickly ended the phone call he had. without much hesitation, the tall male dashed to the front door and opened it, welcoming a tired wonwoo.

"hi" he smiled, voice barely audible.

mingyu chuckled and closed the door before he pulled the older into a hug. "hey", he greeted back.

when they finally seperated, mingyu intertwined their hands and dragged wonwoo to the couch, dying to watch the new episode of his favorite drama with his boyfriend.

once they were seated, mingyu ran to his bedroom to grab a blanket and took a handful of whatever snacks he could get ahold of from the kitchen counter.

wonwoo also took the initiative to turn on the tv and find the channel that aired the new episode.

finally settling down and getting comfortable, the two sat next to each other and left no space in between. as the episode plays, all four eyes were glued to the screen and neither one said a word, both completely engulfed in the show.

but this didn't last long.

halfway through the movie, mingyu heared light snores coming from the male beside him. mingyu turned his attention to the source of the noise and smiled at the adorable sight. he then took the popcorn bowl out of the older's grip and tucked wonwoo into the blanket.

he must've been really tired, mingyu thought to himself.

the tall male turned off the tv and stood up. in an hour or two, it would be time for dinner. mingyu really wanted to complete watching the new episode, but he knew his priorities well. besides, he was starting to get hungry and the popcorn didn't really stuff his stomach much.

mingyu quickly put on his jacket and grabbed the house key before he finally left for the supermarket.

the walk to the market wasn't very pleasant. the road was nearly empty and the harsh wind messed up mingyu's hair pretty badly. the dark sky and cold breeze didn't help much either. the distance between his apartment to the supermarket only took fifteen minutes, but somehow, it felt much longer than that.

when mingyu could finally make out the bright lights coming from the market's parking lot, he sighed in relief and quickened his pace.

as soon as he stepped into the building, the warmth of the place crept up on his skin. just then did mingyu realize how cold it was outside.

the male then grabbed a basket and walked around the store, trying to find inspiration for the food he should serve for tonight's dinner.

originally, he planned on simply serving noodles as he felt a little lazy today. however, he thought about wonwoo and how the older deserved a good meal after working so hard.

as mingyu looked around the meat isle, he heard someone call his name. when he looked up, he saw seungkwan waving at him. the tall male waved and smiled back in return as seungkwan approached him.

"hyung~ what are you doing here? didn't think i would bump into you out of all people." the younger said, scanning through the freshly cut meat located beside him.

mingyu shrugged, "i live right around the corner. this is basically the only supermarket here."

"i know right! i have to walk for almost half an hour just to come here since theres no other markets around." seungkwan complained, annoyed.

"is this your first time bumping into someone you know from campus in this supermarket?"
the tall male asked.

getting a nod in reply, mingyu then said, "most of our friends actually live nearby too so you'll probably bump into them often later on."

"most?"

"yeah, everyone but the two oldest and soonhoon. jeonghan and cheol live on the west coast, by the beach. soon and hoon live on the far east."

"oh– you probably wont see jun or hao here either since hao doesn't like this place too much. you can usually find them by the café though."

seungkwan nodded and gave a quick smile, "that's nice to know, but i have to go. sorry hyung. i'll talk to you later!" the male yelled, walking away as he waved.

mingyu chuckled to himself before he realized that he had to get his ass moving since wonwoo could wake up anytime soon.

"fuck my life", mingyu cursed, hurrying down the aisle in panic.