25

today was a big day for junhui.

after two months of preparing for the play through countless practice sessions, jun and his team were finally going to be able to showcase their hard work through today's upcoming performance.

wen junhui was usually a very self-confident person, but today was one of the rare days where he felt otherwise.

everytime he has to perform in front of a large crowd, jun couldn't help but let his anxiety take over. the male simply couldn't stop thinking of all the different ways he could mess up the show and disappoint everyone.

junhui was currently waiting backstage. the play would start in less than ten minutes and all the students participating were already fully prepared with their costume and makeup completed.

jun knew that all of his friends were already seated, waiting for the show to begin. some of his relatives that lived in seoul also spared some time to come and support him. the thought of having all his loved ones watching made him even more nervous than he already was.

"junnie!"

before the said male had the chance to turn around, a pair of arms wrapped around his waist and pulled him into their embrace.

quickly realizing who it was, junhui smiled and turned around to return the hug. minghao must've felt the slight tremor from the older's body as he then chuckled and teased his boyfriend for it, "nervous, aren't we?"

junhui simply rolled his eyes as he played with minghao's hands, trying to distract himself from the anxiety that was slowly eating him up. 

the silver haired male suddenly intertwined their hands and gave a supportive smile. "you're going to do great, i know it."

the older hummed, ruffling minghao's hair. "i love you." he said before leaning in for a brief kiss.

"two minutes! get ready everyone!" a staff announced, catching everyone's attention.

"i should probably go now." minghao said, slowly letting go of their intertwined hands. junhui sighed but nodded and gave the younger a small smile.

"do well for me, i love you! bye!" hao half-yelled as he waved and walked away.

with high expectations from the audience, junhui knew that he had to do a lot better than great and he was determined to make the play become one that can't be forgotten.

meanwhile, all of jun's friends were sitting in the audience as they chatted with one another and patiently waited for the show to start.

when mingyu spotted minghao, he waved and gestured for the male to come over. "met him?" he asked, patting the seat next to him. minghao sat down and nodded, "yeah, for a bit."

wonwoo, who was sitting beside mingyu, joined in on the conversation. "met who?" he asked.

"junhui. i knew he'd be a bit nervous, so i decided to see him before the show." the chinese replied, earning a nod from the older.

the lights turned off, signifying the show's commencement. mingyu then clapped and almost jumped out of his seat from the excitement. "it's finally starting!" he whispered happily to his friend, minghao only rolling his eyes at the latter's childlike behaviour.

the first person to come out on stage was a female character. she stood alone on stage and recited her lines smoothly, not seemingly nervous at all. her skin was pale and her hair was dyed to dark-brown. she was more on the shorter side, but still stunning nonetheless. the light shone strikingly towards her and all eyes were placed on her beautiful figure.