37

jeonghan walked inside of the large airport with a heavy heart. just then, he spotted them. there they were, all ten of his friends waiting for him by one of the many benches. he could already see mingyu's sobbing figure sitting down as wonwoo awkwardly patted his shoulders. and as he got closer to them, he saw how most of them fought back their tears.

"..hey kids, thanks for coming to send us off today. we didn't think you'd come." seungcheol said, taking the initiative to be the first to speak, knowing well that everyone else was too overwhelmed with emotions to say anything.

"how could we even think of letting you leave without a goodbye?" seungkwan said, finally letting go of the tears that he'd been holding back all day. everyone else started crying their hearts out in agreement, not wanting the two to leave so soon. even jihoon and wonwoo, who jeonghan had never expected to cry, ended up shedding a few tears. the only ones holding back were minghao and junhui.

minghao then stood up and walked over to the so called angel, seemingly out of energy already. "hyung, i never thought i'd be saying something like this- but-"

"..yeah?" jeonghan asked, gesturing minghao to continue.

"i'm really glad i met you." he said, hugging the older before finally breaking down in his arms.

jeonghan sniffed and cried, yet again. he caressed the young chinese male and said, "i'm really glad to have met you too, minghao. i'm glad i was able to meet all of you."

mingyu then walked up to him and joined the hug. the rest of the boys slowly made their way up too, creating a large group hug which might just happen to be their first and last.

the hug lasted for a good minute before everyone made their way back to their original spots to comfort one another.

junhui then stood up and approached the two oldest quietly. "here." junhui said as he stood in front of them, offering a gift bag. "minghao got it for you two, but he's too busy dying in his tears to be able to give this to you right now."

jeonghan rolled his eyes and playfully punched his shoulder, "are you not going to cry over us like everyone else, you heartless monster?"

the younger shrugged, "i can't comfort minghao if i'm drowning in my own snot, can i?" the male then walked away and made his way back to his sobbing boyfriend.

seungcheol looked at his watch and gave jeongan a knowing look. the younger sighed, not wanting to part ways so soon. but if they wanted to make it in time for their flight, they had to leave.

seungcheol cleared his throat, grabbing everyone's attention. "..is it time?" chan asked, eyes still red and puffy. the oldest nodded, flinching once mingyu's sobs intensified.

jeonghan shook his head, knowing that this wasn't going to do. and so he spoke up sternly for the first time in a long time. "kim mingyu, crying is most definitely not going to solve anything. yes, we're leaving, but people come and go all the time. you'll find someone better eventually, so dry your tears and let go of us."

"this goes to you all too. instead of sobbing because of our departure, you should all be thinking of ways to find your happy ending too. everyone leaves at some point, whatever the reasons may be. that's just how the world works."

seungkwan's heart clenched at those words. though he hated to admit it, jeonghan was absolutely right.

"junhui, you've already found your happiness, all you have to do now is make sure you never let go of it. never ever take minghao for granted. take a good care of him and yourself."

"soonyoung, you're always so bright and positive, and thats what makes everyone like you. that's also what makes you.. you. stay being the person you are today. continue to work hard so you can grow up to become a professional choreographer like you've always dreamed of."

"wonwoo. the first time i met you, i was convinced that you were emo and emotionless. but who would've known that you were actually a softie who just likes to read books all day. i hope you achieve your dreams of being able to open up your own library one day."

jeonghan paused, before smiling at jihoon. "i've always known you had a cute and gentle side, you just don't show it very often. treat soonyoung well. he really cares about you and you two were meant to be from the start. i hope you'll continue to make music and become successful one day. producer woozi sounds perfect."

"next, seokmin. just like soonyoung, you too, have always been a very positive person. you were always the first to welcome newcomers to our team and you always make sure that no one feels left out or uncomfortable. i love that about you. i know you're in a situation right now, but i'm sure that things will get better soon and you'll get through it well. stay happy, smiling suits you."

"mingyu, you're probably the nicest person i've ever met. you're a good and loyal friend that everyone needs in their life. you're very considerate and caring to everyone. keep working hard, gyu. i'll forever be rooting for you."

"minghao. you've always tried to keep up a strong facade, when you're actually a gentle and kind-hearted boy in reality. your painting is great and i hope you'll be able to open up a personal art museum like you've always wanted."

jeonghan paused, exhausted and out of breath from all the non-stop talking. "shit, i just realized how many people we are in total. maybe this is why everyone always says that our friend group consists of too many people." this seemed to lighten up the mood as he heard a few chuckles coming from his friends.

jeonghan let out a small grin. those smiles, he would surely miss those happy and carefree smiles.

"next, our little diva. boo, i've always known that you would be an interesting person ever since we met. i mean- calling my boyfriend hot after knowing him for five seconds isn't something that happens everyday." seungkwan chuckled and smiled as the memories come flooding back. "still, i really love having you as a friend of mine. you're smart and witty. you're also really fucking gorgeous, so i hope you can realize that and stop putting yourself down. you're amazing, seungkwan."

"chwe hansol. you're a really chill person. you're easy to talk to and you're our peacemaker. you're very mature and understanding. you're possibly one of the most humble person i've ever met. you don't judge or gossip about others. though we've only known each other for less than a year, i've grown a sincere liking to you and your kind personality. i hope you'll succeed and live a happy life. take care, sol."

jeonghan smiled as he looked at the youngest. "lastly, chan. i think you're a really sweet person. you're cute, and i genuinely think of you as my younger brother. you still have a long way to go, but i'm rooting for you. don't worry about what happened, i've already forgiven you. you're young. you fall in and out of love, and that's okay. one day, you'll find the right person. 'til then, keep working hard and stay positive. when the time's right, it'll happen."

seungcheol smiled and watched the younger with fond eyes, clearly proud of his boyfriend. "we're thankful for having met all of you. you're all wonderful people and we'll miss you lots."

the male anxiously looked at his watch and sighed. "we really have to go now."

jeonghan nodded sadly, "take care of yourself guys. we love you all. until next time hopefully!" he said, yelling out the last part as he walked away, waving.

two gone, eleven left.