38

today, it was jisoo's turn to leave. having two of their friends leave was already difficult. and now, one more was to go.

soonyoung huffed as he sat on the couch and blankly stared at the tv screen. on usual days, jihoon would simply give him a look of confusion and ask what the matter was. but today was not one of those days. jihoon completely understood how the older felt. as he too, felt unhappy at jisoo's upcoming departure. what happened to staying thirteen forever?

jihoon brushed away his thoughts and plated his and soonyoung's breakfast instead. the younger didn't usually cook for his boyfriend, as soonyoung would be sure to complain about how he was his boyfriend, not his slave. but soonyoung seems to be out of it today, and jihoon was sure that the male would starve himself if he wasn't forced to eat.

"here. you should eat." he said, placing their plates on the table before sitting beside the red haired male.

soonyoung gave the food a quick glance before turning his attention back to the tv. "no thanks, i'm alright. you can have it."

jihoon rolled his eyes and turned the tv off, annoyed. "what is up with you? i know that you're sad about our friends leaving, but did you not hear jeonghan's words yesterday? he told us that crying and sulking over it wouldn't change anything. he even told us to take care of ourselves while they're away. have you forgotten?"

soonyoung took the remote out of his hands with ease. he didn't seem to care about what the younger said at all. "are you done now?"

"yeah i'm fucking done alright." the latter scoffed, walking away.

the red-haired male watched as jihoon made his way back to his bedroom with heavy footsteps, clearly upset. he groaned and cupped his face with his hands. "..that wasn't supposed to happen."

time passed by quicker than wanted and the sun had now fully set. day turned to night and the clouds that earlier decorated the skies had now disappeared, leaving nothing but an empty dark sky with the moon nicely placed on the center.

soonyoung was currently in his car, about to head for the airport again. jihoon entered the car and sat on the passanger seat, quickly putting his seatbelt on without uttering a single word.

the older tapped his fingers lightly on the steering wheel as he looked out the window, letting the breeze cool him down and mess his hair up.

"are you going to start driving or what?"

soonyoung looked at the shorter and frowned. jihoon had his arms crossed as he stared straight ahead, purposely avoiding eye contact.

the older then started the car and quickly pulled out of the parking lot. jihoon said nothing more and left the ride to be completely silent.

"can we talk about today morning?" asked soonyoung who took a brief glance at his boyfriend from the rearview mirror.

"oh- yeah sure. let's talk about why you were being such a bitch earlier." jihoon replied, rolling his eyes.

"ji- you know i didn't mean to. i'm sorry. i don't know what got into me.."

"clearly."

though he had already forgiven soonyoung, the younger still kept up with his act. he ignored the constant glances the latter would give and stopped himself from holding soonyoung's hand when he rested it on his thigh. it was difficult, but it worked out nonetheless. by the time they arrived, soonyoung was sulky and constantly pouting.