Chapter Five - You Have To Be Joking!

I was on my way to the airport finally heading back home after over staying my welcome, I missed my life and friends hopefully they could forgive me. Although I hadn't yet considered how I would lay off the drugs it would be hard to function without them now.

I was turning back into the person I was years ago after Jimmy passed, it was a dark time and I did everything I could to the numb the pain. But then for a while things were great I had a beautiful, loving and caring girlfriend and then my temper got the best of me. Then I wandered around South Carolina for an additional two weeks praying I would run into Milany again but it never happened.

The morning after I slept with Lexi she confessed some sort of undying love for me? She said it had developed when she was in high school after watching the video to Unholy Confessions. So when we met in the bar last night she had to shoot her shot with me. So I kindly let her down and she didn't take that so well, I was chased of the apartment in my underwear by a knife wielding maniac.

So now here I was waiting for my flight to be called, as I was pulling out my phone to send a text it began to ring. An unknown number flashed across the screen and I answered hesitantly.
"Hello?" I say, the person on the other end sounded distraught and for a second I thought it was Milany. I was going to call out to her tell her I was here but before I could they spoke "Brian it's me Lexi... I'm pregnant."

My world stopped my vision quickly became blurry and I knew for a fact that I was going to be sick. I ran into the bathroom and released the contents of my stomach into the trash can. I sat on the floor panting breathless "hello?" She was still on the phone.

"I'm here"

-
-
-

"You have got to be joking!" I yelled like a mad man, this bitch was off her rockers if she thought we were having this baby.

"I don't believe in abortion I'm having this baby with or without you." But I wish it was without me "Lexi I don't even know you! This was supposed to be a one night stand not an 18 to life sentence."

"Well you should have thought about that before you fucked me without protection!" She was serious now I know why I gave up this life in the first place no quickie was worth this.

"Are you sure?" I sighed staring at her there wasn't a trace of insincerity to be found, she nodded once more showing me the pregnancy test. It sure as hell read positive "I need a minute to think." I said excusing myself, she sucked her teeth and stomped out of the living room.

"What are you going to do" I could cry at this moment and not feel ashamed at all, none of this was supposed to happen. Everyone was right about me I was a fuck up and now I'm going to be a father, not by a women that I love but by a ONE NIGHT STAND.

"Lexi pack your things" I called out and I swore I heard her squeal from the other room, I was a walking check book to her now. And It wasn't in my blood to be a no show dad, my father was great to my sister and I. And even though I had no emotional connection with Lexi I couldn't leave her stranded here... besides I wouldn't do that to my kid.

So I'm going to bring her home and hopefully sort some of this out, I pray that by the grace of god I wouldn't be a father in months to come. But if my child is swimming around in there then she at least deserves comfort and stability, maybe I'm not so heartless after all.