Chapter Twenty - This Means War

"Brian it's late" Val whispered as she opened the door for me, I stepped inside and took off my shoes due to the rain.
"I'm sorry I didn't know where else to go" she nodded and led me to the kitchen for a cup of tea.

"It's fine how are you holding up? The doctor told us everything, Matt had to stop me from kicking her teeth in."

I slowly remembered the events of earlier Lexi wasn't pregnant and she used me for months. But all of that didn't even matter now, Milany needed my help... she needed our help.

"Well I got used but it's okay I should have known she wasn't pregnant."

"Well that sucks you may be an asshole from time to time but your heart is pure, and no one deserves that."

We fell silent for a while before I decided to break the news, I know Val would be most upset she saw Milany as a sister.

"Val... after the hospital I went over to Milly's she looked terrible, and that's unlike her so I stayed a while. She was angry and confused but most importantly she was hurt... physically, Chris has been beating on her."

"WHAT! IM CALLING MATT RIGHT NO-"

"Let me finish... apparently he's in a gang but I figured that out on my own. Seeing her like that broke my heart completely, I want to kill him no doubt but we have to be smart."

Val leaned against the table putting her head down, she was furious I could tell by the way she breathed. Moments of silence passed and before I knew it her glass mug and the wall were one. I jumped at the  sudden out burst then realized her eyes were bloodshot red and filled with tears.

"NOBODY messes with my family."

We dialed Matt who was with Zacky and told them to pick us up. They arrived in minutes and we explained everything to them, Matt was visibly seething with anger. He drove fast and gripped the steering wheel tight, Zack on the other hand was calm because gangsters always move in silence.

We got to her apartment complex and sat in the car to think this through "Val help Milly pack her things she'll stay with us for now." Matt said but I disagreed "dude no way I'm the reason she's in this mess, Milany is my responsibility."

He agreed and we all exited the car, in the trunk Matt had a golf club because that's what he did in his spare time. Zacky took it in his hands and Val carried a tube of mace "as soon as he opens the door Val" I say she nods and we start for upstairs.

As we get closer I began to feel myself growing more and more angry, how could he hurt someone so sweet... so kind.

I knocked on the door heavily and after a few seconds the door flew open, before he could even speak Val maced him. Matt took the first swing causing him to stumble a bit, and I kicked him straight in the chest. He crashed into the glass table in the living room shattering it to pieces, "you like to hit girls?

Whack!

"You wanna hurt our family!"

Whack!

"Let's see how tough you are now little bitch!"

Whack!

Zack went mental beating him repeatedly with the golf club, Matt backed him off once he began to spit up blood.
"Oh I'm not finished"
He got on top of Chris and started to pummel his face in, Matt's hands were bloody and swollen.

With everything happening so fast we didn't even notice Milly watching us crying, I rushed over taking her into my arms.
"Come on let's go home" I soothed her, with each of us carrying a bag we ran back to the car. The cops would be called no doubt and I just hope nobody knew it was us.

The drive back to mine was silent and we only spoke to exchange goodbye's, as we were walking into the building Matt stopped us.

"Hey I'm sorry you had to see that, but we love you Milly and for family we'll do anything."

And she understood Val blew her a kiss which she surprisingly returned "atta girl, we'll be over here to check on you both tomorrow." Matt called out before speeding down the road, I looked too Milly and let out a heavy sigh.

"Let's get you cleaned up."

When we got into the apartment everything was just how I left it.. but all of Lexi's things were gone, and there was a note on the coffee table.

Dear Brian, I'm sorry for lying too you but honestly until two months ago I actually thought I was pregnant. But it turns out that I can't even bare a child... I hope you'll find it in your heart to forgive me, and I'll always love you. Maybe one day you'll come find me and we can at least be friends, but I wish you the best forever and always.

P.S. make sure you treat Milany like the princess she is, you'll never find someone as genuine as her.