one

🍯

🍯

『 B U S A N, 2 0 1 9 』

"(Y/n), you have to smile!"

The (h/c)-haired woman kept herself from glaring, internally dying to leave the hell out of the photo studio.

Her father booked a professional studio for a family portrait. It was a tradition. Each year, the (l/n)s were having a themed photoshoot. Since the family was pretty big it could've been a fun thing to do, but then again, we were talking about the (l/n)s. The usual photo session would turn into chaos as one family member (at least) would screw things up. Still, Mr. and Mrs.(l/n) were determinate to make it last as long as they were alive. Much to their oldest daughter's dislike.

This year, the theme was pirates. For no particular reason actually, it was just the youngest's turn to pick. Lately, he had taken an interest in piracy, treasure hunting and ships. Little Jungkook was filled with pride seeing his family members dressed in realistic pirates' attire. They were part of the crew, Jungkook himself was the captain.

"Alright, one last shot." The photographer announced, quite irritated himself. "Huh, Mrs.(l/n)." he cleared his throat "You're covering your daughter's face."

Mrs.(l/n) feigned surprise as she removed her hand, allowing her daughter Nayeon to smile for the picture. Just as the photographer's finger pressed the button, her hand was back on the small girl's face. Nayeon had chocolate all over her face as she stole some from her mother's bag during the break. When she came back on set and sat on her mother's lap, the latter didn't immediately realize. It took her a minute to notice, but it was already too late.

The exhausted man noticed it but kept silent, willing to end the tiring session with that weird family. He wanted to go home and never meet them again.

"That's a wrap!" He yelled a bit too enthusiast. "My assistant will show you the pictures and you'll pick your favorite. The portrait will be ready by next week."

~ ~

"I can't believe you hid her face! You could've just cleaned her up."

(Father/n) was angry at (M/n). The tradition he loved had been ruined by none other than his own wife ; the thought of it made him want to cry.

"I won't be able to see my little girl in a pirate costume forever!"

The family was still in the car, witnessing the father's growing anger.

"You can just take a picture of her right now." Yoongi said as he kept looking through the window "Mom cleaned the chocolate off her face."

"That's not what I meant! We were supposed to have a family portrait, not six and half family members."

"Six and half?" Nayeon frowned, seated between Hoseok and (y/n) "But we're seven!"

"Nayeon, don't!"

This time, (m/n) intervened. "Hey, do not take your frustration out on her, she's a child."

"Hey, why don't we talk about something else?" It was Hoseok's turn to speak. He couldn't bear the heavy and hostile atmosphere.

The mother needed a minute to calm down, but she eventually did.

"Oh (y/n)!" she suddenly exclaimed "Your boyfriend's coming tomorrow, what should I cook for him?"

The woman shrugged. "He eats pretty much anything."

"Even poop?" Jungkook laughed, receiving severe glares from the eldest brother "Or dic—ouch!"

(Y/n) rolled her eyes after she had pinched him. "We can cook anything, it doesn't matter. I just want you guys to act normal and be kind to him."

"You know us honey, we won't ever embarrass you in front your boyfriend!" (M/n) smiled

(Y/n) nodded, unable to respond. She wanted to believe her mother so bad, but she knew too well how impossible it might be for them to behave.

"Right." She spat, unwilling to upset her mother. "Can't wait."