three

『 B U S A N, 2 0 1 9 』

🍯

Seated at the dining table, the whole family was staring at Jimin as he took a first bite. His forehead was slightly sweating due to the fact that the attention was drawn onto him. As (y/n) didn't want to show any affectionate mark towards her boyfriend in front of her family, she struggled keeping her hands off Jimin's. She wanted to comfort the poor guy who obviously looked like he was about to explode.

Jimin chewed the squid, appreciating the taste of the hot sauce. Mrs.(l/n) watched him closely, analyzing every single expression his face showed. Eventually, he swallowed, causing everyone to widen their eyes.

"It's delicious Mrs.(l/n), I love it!"

Suddenly, a round of applause.

"As you can see, all my children were adopted. Do you have a problem with that?"

"Why would he—"

"Quiet, child!"

Dumbfounded by her father's behavior, (Y/n) kept quiet. Why was he acting all tough and domineering when he actually was the sweetest and softest man to ever exist?

Jimin cleared his throat. "I don't mind, sir. I actually think it shows how thoughtful and generous you and Mrs.(l/n) are."

Apparently, a single sentence sufficed to destabilize the father of the house. He cleared his throat, trying to ignore his older daughter's mocking stare.

"You're so nice Jimin!" the mother giggled "Don't mind my husband, he's not being himself right now."

The whole family laughed at that, mostly Jungkook who thoroughly enjoyed embarrassing his family members. Since that moment, the dinner went on smoothly. Jimin mostly spoke with his girlfriend's mother while (Y/n) was busy preventing Jungkook from saying anything stupid.

~ ~

Cuddling in bed, the couple came to talk of the dinner earlier. Jimin seemed to have enjoyed it, whereas (Y/n) found it exhausting. Still, they were happy that it went right.

"About my father, he was just putting an act. He never yells but when he does, Mom puts him in his place really quick!"

Jimin chuckled, pinching the tired girl's nose. "By the way, your mother told me to spend some time alone with each of your siblings."

A grimace appeared on (y/n)'s face. "Not happening with Jungkook."

"Why?" Jimin laughed

"He's hard to cope with."

"Don't worry baby!" The black-haired male pressed his plump lips on (y/n)'s forehead. She shivered under his touch, causing him to smirk. "I'll get to know each of them. I really want to do that; they all seem interesting!"

"Dude, you don't even have the slightest idea of how awful things might turn."

"Don't be so mean with them babe, they're your family."

"And I love them, but they're a handful, trust me."

"I don't mind. I love you; I'm doing this for you. I want to get to know the people who you grew up with, that way I might understand how you've became such a fascinating woman."

(Y/n)'s eyes brimmed with tears as her caring boyfriend said those words, staring right at her. She was loved, and no one could make her feel like this the way Jimin did.

"Fine." she smiled shyly "But don't say I didn't warn you!"

🍯