five

『 B U S A N , 2 0 1 9 』

🍯

(M/n)'s day

This morning, (m/n) had some grocery shopping to do. Jimin offered to go with her so they could share a private moment together. Two hours later, they were standing in the middle of a grocery store with a trolley pushed by Jimin while Mrs.(l/n) would pick the needed articles.

(M/n) was sweet, caring, and welcoming. Ever since Jimin had arrived, she treated him like her own family by making sure he was comfortable. Her kindness reminded him of (Y/n).

However, there was this thing that bothered him a tiny little bit. Nothing serious, really.

"Say hi to Jimin, he's my daughter's fiancé!" (M/n) said to anyone with whom she had an interaction, meaning a lot of people. Jimin felt proud yet embarrassed, mostly because he hadn't proposed to his girlfriend yet. Also, there were just too many of them. The lady seemed to be familiar with most of the people present inside the store, the employees, a few costumers and even the security guards.

But seriously, it wasn't that bad.

Following the grocery shopping, Jimin and (M/n) went back home to arrange the food before heading back to the man's car. They were going to have lunch together at a local restaurant, one that (M/n) knew very well and where she probably wanted to brag about her soon-to-be son-in-law.

It took them twenty minutes to get there, have a seat and have their orders served. Jimin couldn't stop smiling while watching the lady eat, he felt comfortable with her.

"You know Jimin, I really appreciate you being supportive about my daughter's plan." Jimin nodded, waiting for her to continue. "(Y/n) used to have a lot of friends in high school, she told them about her ideas, and they all made fun of her, saying she should try to lose weight instead of designing large clothes. One of her professor even told her not to encourage big women to feel too comfortable with their size, that it'd be a waste."

Carefully listening, the boy clenched his jaw in anger. He pictured poor (Y/n) not being taken seriously by her comrades, it broke his heart. He knew about it, but it pained him to learn it had hurt her so much that she felt the urge to tell her mother. Thankfully, she never backed down and there she was now, so close to her goal. She currently worked with a few models and two dressmakers in hope of creating a brand for plus-sized female, perhaps male too. She had high expectations and her main strength was her own body.

Just because you're larger doesn't mean you should hide your body. If I want to dress sexy and expose my thick thighs and my fat arms, I will. Jimin remembered her saying that to an older man during a party for making fun of her weight. He wanted to punch him so hard, but (Y/n) seemed to do well by herself. She didn't need anyone to stand up for her, she was brave enough.

"She's doing better now." Jimin assured the worried mother "She's very conscientious and involved. I'm sure she'll succeed, (Y/n) is determinate."

"It was her dream ever since she was a teenager." (M/n) smiled at the thought of it, picturing her sixteen years old showing personal designs she had drawn the night before. "I hope you won't try to change her looks."

The black-haired male quickly shook his head no, almost offended by her comment. "I love your daughter, and I think no woman's as beautiful as her. Why would I try to change her?"

(M/n) sighed in relief. "I'm sorry for asking that. It's just—I'm aware that a lot of young men don't like chubby women. They look down on them and make them feel like they aren't normal. I don't want anyone to do that to (Y/n), she's my baby daughter and I won't allow no man to hurt her."

Jimin nodded, amazed by the love Mrs.(l/n) carried for her adoptive daughter.

"I believe she's perfect the way she is. And I can tell you're partially responsible for that."

Naturally, a proud smile crept up the lady's face. She gently took Jimin hands in hers and pressed them lightly.

"I'm glad she met someone like you."

🍯

"Falling for the college's hearthrob, you decide to write him a love letter, but everything goes wrong when the letter falls in the malevolent hands of Jeon Jungkook." INTO THE WRONG HANDS is out, a fanfiction starring Junkook.