✽ 𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬

◦ ◦ ⊙ ◦ ◦

◦ ◦ ⊙ ◦ ◦

🏫
ᵂᴵᴴᴬᴺ ᴴᴵᴳᴴ

The sound of the classroom door shutting behind the teacher made Jieun jump slightly and lift her head from the notebook laid open on the desk in front of her

The sound of the classroom door shutting behind the teacher made Jieun jump slightly and lift her head from the notebook laid open on the desk in front of her. Wordlessly, he quickly picked up a marker and popped the cap off that echoed through the quiet room before writing across the whiteboard. 

When he turned to give everyone the chance to look at what he had written, her eyes went wide.

INTRODUCTION TO TRIGONOMETRY

What in the name—

A round of soft growls and murmurs ran through the class but Jieun remained quiet, trying hard not to roll her eyes. She took a deep breath and scribbled the words he wrote, complaining mentally about how she hated math with a passion. 

"Don't look at me with these faces," the teacher slid a chair from under the desk and took a seat. "I know this class is a nightmare for the majority but I promise to make it interesting if I can. Office hours are pinned right there on the wall in case you have any questions to discuss with me."

Jieun followed where he pointed toward the wall, then sank a little lower in her seat when he swept his gaze over her. It lingered for a long moment and she knew he would start with another type of introduction. "I see that we have a new student.

"Jieun's not a new student, Mr. Jung," someone spoke behind her under a giggle.

"Well, she did miss the first week of the second semester and some of the new students in this class don't have a clue of who she is, so..." he looked up from his papers and smiled. "Care to introduce yourself, Miss Lee?"

Jieun chanced a glance to her side, feeling the stares cutting right through her as Eunjae shrugged, smiling emphatically. Sighing, she gripped the edge of the desk to push herself up to stand. "Um—"