✽ 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡

◦ ◦ ⊙ ◦ ◦

◦ ◦ ⊙ ◦ ◦

Another ribbon was attached to the wall by Jieuns' stapler gun. She whined, letting her head fall back. What she did get into, again? The whole classroom was cluttered, with stacks of paper, costumes, and so much trash on the floor people could barely walk without stepping on it.

They have been organizing for the festival the whole morning with no sign of Jungkook or that he'd even show up. Jieun wasn't bothered in the least. The truth was, accepting his help was out of politeness as she knew that in the end, the guy would find something much more interesting to do.

"Yo, ribbon girl!" someone shouted. "We need more on this wall!"

Jieun sighed, twisting her hair into a quick bun before collecting the ribbons and flags in both hands to the other side of the room. Just like the year before, she took part in what she did best: decoration, receiving praises from teachers, which she valued the most.

There were a few students only and it would be dark by the time they could finish up everything in time, so when she settled on getting a move on the task, her tool was nowhere to be found. 

"What..." 

Frowning to herself, Jieun bent down, pushing all the cardboard out of the way. "I just had...hey, has anyone seen my—"

"Looking for this?"

Jieun's eyes narrowed, finding the very same stapler she had been searching on the floor in someone else's hand. She blinked up at a smirking Jungkook, against the undecorated wall. 

Before her cheeks could turn crimson at the surprise, she stood up with a clear of her throat. "You came, huh... a bit later than I expected," she mumbled the last part, taking the stapler back.

"My bad. I must have set my alarm for nine PM, instead of AM." The corners of his lips lifted as he smiled. Jieun clicked her tongue.

"We're immune to any kind of excuses, wonder boy. Try again."

He sighed. "Yeah. Sorry to keep you waiting—but I brought the best next thing with me if that helps."

As Jieun opened her mouth to ask what, she was surprised again by a second new visitor, appearing on her other side. "What up?"

"The... best next thing was your friend?" she muttered, heart skipping a few beats.

Jungkook shrugged. "He offered."