✽ 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

◦ ◦ ⊙ ◦ ◦

◦ ◦ ⊙ ◦ ◦

🏫
ᵂᴵᴴᴬᴺ ᴴᴵᴳᴴ

"Or if you want, I can show you."

Under the sheets in the safety of her bedroom, Jieun kept the screen of the phone lit, reading the same words, again and again, until she lost count. She went over the events that led to this one text, debating whether it was a good idea to reply back or not.

In the end, she decided not to and tucked the phone under her pillow with a groan, hoping she could forget everything about it during a good night's sleep. It turned out to be not as effective as she thought.

By the next day, her stomach was filled with butterflies, dancing and swirling the moment she stepped inside the classroom and looked over Jungkook's empty seat. She was relieved he usually arrived late, which meant they wouldn't have a chance to even speak to each other.

She hadn't made up her mind regarding their talk the night before. Did she truly want to get involved in yet another relationship with someone that had everything to be a second mistake?

"I'm not trying to make you fall in love with me... I don't want to have a relationship."

Jieun slapped herself in the head mentally.

Of course. It wouldn't be one.

"Earth to Jieun, earth to Jieun! Calling!"

Lifting her chin up from her hand, she blinked back at Eunjae's fingers snapping in front of her face. "Hm?"

"For the tenth time," the blonde sighed, "Give. Me. Your. Math. Homework."

Almost mechanically, Jieun slipped the paper from inside her textbook and handed it to her friend while giving a quick check around the library they were studying in. 

Eunjae raised an eyebrow, taken back. "No rebukes today? That's good progress."

"It's no use with you anyway."

Her eyes narrowed. Calculated. "Were you daydreaming?"

"What?"

"You never daydream."

Jieun quickly reached for her pencil, resuming her annotations on the notebook that she had apparently stopped halfway. "I'm worried about the exam we'll have in two weeks—have you been studying?"

Eunjae snorted. "If searching for new places where I can hide my cheating notes is what kids are calling "studying" these days, then yes, I'm very much busy doing that."

"You can actually try paying attention in class for once." Jieun leaned on the table to take her homework from her hand, lifting it up. "Don't you think about what's gonna be like when we graduate?"