Chapter One

Midnightflight's POV

Midnightflight walked out of the leaders den the next dawn morning. He had to speak with Icestar and Littlestorm about the prophecy that he received from Starclan.

"Have you gotten anymore information about it from the last time you have had that prophecy?" Littlestorm asked the Medicine cat. Midnightflight shook his head. "No, I haven't. I would've told you if I had."

Icestar nodded taking in all the information she was just given. "So therefor we need to be prepared for anything that happens." Icestar sighed and jumped onto the high rock. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey, gather beneath the high rock."

Warriors padded from their den. Rosetuft was the first to come out and sit down in the front. She groomed her fur with her soft tongue and lifted her head to look at the leader. Frostflame was the second one to come out and sit by Rosetuft. Frostflame was admiring her. Rosetuft looked at him and smiled, "Hi Frostflame! How are you?" She asked politely. Frostflame softly blushed as he didn't know what he was feeling toward the shecat. "I am doing quite well, what about you, Rosetuft?" He purred softly. Rosetuft shrugged. "I'm alright. I have been better though." She giggled softly and looked back at the leader. Frostflame followed her gaze.

Smokefoot and Astrohope walked out together, side by side. Their fur brushing against each other as they were talking with purrs in their throat. "Oh Astrohope! Stop it! That is so cute!" Smokefoot purred. I overheard Rosetuft's conversation as well now as Astrohope's, although I didn't catch what Astrohope had said. "Why would I want to stop complimenting such a gorgeous shecat?" Astrohope purred and rubbed her head against Smokefoot's. "And this is why I love you Astrohope!" She meowed licking the other shecat's cheek and muzzle. 'I wish I was able to have a mate. I have someone in mind that I would like to be with. But I can't!' I rolled my eyes. 'I love healing my clan, I do. I just want someone to love me for who I am!' I growled inwardly.

Browndrop and Shadepaw walked out of the nursery. Shadepaw visited her mother Shinesnarl. "Isn't Shinesnarl just the best?" Shadepaw purred. "Not exactly..." Browndrop muttered. "Of course!" He had lied. 'I have to agree with him on that one, Shinesnarl wasn't the best mother in the world. But Shadepaw is so positive she doesn't see her mother being a fox-heart to everyone.' I had thought to myself. Browndrop sat down beside Deadtail, his older brother. "Growing old I see?" He asked sarcastically and playfully. "No! Of course not!" Deadtail purred a sarcastic mew. Shadepaw walked over to Honeypaw, who was already sitting down beside Emberpaw and Hawkpaw. Emberpaw followed Hawkpaw around like a little lost kit. She mooned over him, which I find ridiculous considering they are just apprentices.

Auburnsun sat at the nursery entrance with Shinesnarl. "Is the father of your kits who I think it is?" Auburnsun asked Shinesnarl curiously. Shinesnarl whispered softly into Auburnsun's ear that I didn't catch. Auburnsun gasped softly and growled. "He cheated both of us! When I see him again, I will rip him to shreds!" She hissed quietly to Shinesnarl. "Eh, I expected it, either way. My kits won't look like him. They will look like me!" Shinesnarl boasted proudly. "I don't know about mine, but I atleast have 3 kits inside of me." Auburnsun purred proudly. Shinesnarl nodded and paid attention to the clan leader once everyone was underneath the high rock. Surgorse was beside Deadtail.

"Cats of Iceclan! We have to be prepared for whatever comes next that will happen to the clans! We will be strong!" Icestar called loudly and let the cats cheer as he went on. "We will be fierce! We will be wise! And most of all, we will be proud!!" She yowled and cats joined in.  As she lifted her tail to silence the clan she went on once again. "The reason I am saying these words is because Midnightflight had received a dangerous prophecy. But do not worry! We will take on this danger together!" Cats murmured throughout the groups of cats in the clearing. One cat called out, saying "What if cats die without us being able to save them?" That was Surgorse. Fear strived through his bright green eyes.

I looked around the bristling group of cats and shook my head. He walked up to the leader and whispered. "You shouldn't have spoken about the prophecy, Icestar. Now the clan cats will be in fear! It's bad that you talk about it. It's supposed to be between me, you, and Littlestorm." I shook my head again and sighed. "I choose what to say and what to talk about. Not you." Icestar meowed at me with a hint of growling. I looked at her in surprised and took a step back. Littlestorm comforted her about it and Icestar apologized to me. I accepted her apology knowing she was just stressed about the prophecy. 

'I understand that Icestar. But atleast your not carrying it on your shoulders like dead weight that won't seem to go away. Soon things will fall into their places like Starclan wants it to...'  I thought to myself as I padded off into my den, starting to sort herbs and thinking about the prophecy.