Chapter Three

Shadowstorm's POV

I yawned as I stretched. 'Why do I have to get up so early in the morning? It's so dumb! Once I become leader, everyone will obey me.' I snarled to myself. I huffed and walked out of my nest and into the clearing. Swanfeather was, of course, organizing border patrols. "Seabreeze, take Runningvine and patrol Lavaclan's border." He then looked at me after he finnished organizing border patrols. He called me over to him. I walk over tilting my head slightly confused and irritated. "Yes, Swanfeather?" I asked with a barely noticable hint of snarl in my voice.

"I want you to take Vineslash and your apprentice to go out patrolling along the Cloudclan Border. Then after that go ahead and hunt." He ordered me. I nodded agrivated. "Yes, Swanfeather." I answere and went to my apprentice Dovepaw, which she was in her nest as I prodded her side. She woke with a jolt. "Come on, we need to go on a border patrol." I softly growled at her, her eyes lit up with fear. She nodded and blinked, she got up and brushed past me. She went to the fresh kill pile and picked up a small mouse. She finished it with two bites. I walked after her, she jumped in fear as I padded past her. With a smirk on my face I went to the warriors den once again and shouted. "Vineslash, Wake up!!!" I smirked as he jumped and hit his head on the soiled roof. He growled, "Why'd you do that for?!" I let a mrrow of amusement. "Because it's funny when I scare you."

The three cats walked out of camp and I stopped at once as I seen four warriors racing toward us, that werent part of our clan. Seabreeze, Runningvine, and their two apprentices racing after them. I went into defense postion, growling as I was crouched on my haunches. The four warriors stopped in front of us panting. They smelled of Cloudclan. There was a orange cat with white spots and a shecat with reddish brown spots all over her white pelt. The other two was a pure black tom with white circles all over him, I recognized him and dipped my head toward him. The other cat looked like an apprentice, a white shecat with bacon looking colors splattered all over her body. "Ravenswirl." I stood up, pelt still bristling. Vineslash stood wide eyed and pelt bristling as my apprentice smiled at the bacon looking cat. I hissed to her and she flinched as she looked at her paws.

The eleven cats walked into camp as I went to get Swanfeather and Miststar. Miststar's eyes softened in relief as she saw Ravenswirl. "Ravenswirl." She dipped her head to him. I narrowed my eyes at my leader. 'What in Starclan is she doing? Flirting? He is from a different clan! Not to mention she is a leader! And he is deputy!!' I growled inwardly, shaking my head as I sat down and listened. All the other cats of Floodclan came out to see what was going on. They huddled around the four Cloudclan cats. "Whats going on Ravenswirl?" Miststar asked while glancing at the three other cats. Ravenswirl caught his breath, obviously trembling. "You need to run! Something is spreading around in the twoleg place! Something happened to Mudpaw! He had a bite or something and heaved up BLOOD! He then fell and stopped breathing, minutes later he came back to LIFE! The rest of the clan was right behind me. At least the ones who survived..." He finished as he shuttered. Miststar's eyes were wide open. I, of coursse, knew he was lying. "Please, Run with us. We need to warn Lavaclan and Iceclan!" One of the Cloudclan cats pleaded. All of a sudden more cats bursted into the clearing. I growled and hissed. "Its an ambush Miststar!" I yowled. Vineslash snarled and his pelt bristled. Miststar hissed to calm down the clan as the rest of Cloudclan cats that survived had came into the clearing.  I noticed Kestrelflight, Dustpaw, Violetnight, Coalpaw, Daffodilhope, and one kit. As well as the leader, medicine cat and Leapsong. "What is going on?!" I hissed. Miststar yowled for our medicine cat, Willowriver, to come to talk to Antflower, Cloudclan's medicine cat.

The two medicine cats talked with each other as Willowriver's eyes widened every minute. "Are you sure this is the prophecy!?" She asked Antflower. Antflower nodded while bristling and trembling. "please! We need to go!" Willowriver nodded and went to Swanfeather and Miststar. "Its true, most of their clan has died. But came back to life, the 'cats' are following them right now, and if we do not leave, we will most likely die as well." Willowriver finished. "Alright, Vineslash, and Seabreeze. Go to the nursery and tell Riverstone that everything is fine, we just need to leave the camp for a while. Help her carry her kits as well." Swanfeather ordered as Miststar said. "Shadowstorm, Go get Southwind  and help her walk and run out of camp, for now just go find her." I nodded and went to find Southwind. I meowed softly to my mother. "Southwind? We need to go. Something is happening with the twolegs and is starting to walk towards us, we need to move from camp for a while." She nodded and got up, struggling. I rushed to her side to help her. I realized she was showing her age, you could no longer see the light brown pelt color, now the dark brown is just brown and duller. Grey fur was just swamping her muzzle, legs, and tail. My heart ached. 'Im sorry ma, that I didnt visit you much...' I whined in my mind. "For how long?" She asked me, her voice rasped. "I dont know" I answered honestly. I walked back out with her leaning on me.