Chapter Seven

Surgorse's POV

I limped as I was pressed against Rowansky, what they didn't know was that I was bitten on my hind leg. And I wasn't about to tell them that because it's not my time to die yet, atleast I don't think so? I don't know, either way, I don't want to die yet. I kept limping as Rowansky asked me, "Are you alright?" I nodded. "I'll be fine, my hind leg just hurts." I told him. He nodded, and asked, "What did you do?" I flinched slightly at the question. Trying to think of something to reply with, other than the truth, fear rising underneath my pelt. "You can tell me Surgorse. Although we may be from different clans, alot of cats from my clan and others do trust me." He replied sensing that my fear was rising. I nodded and took a deep breath. "Well as I was being rushed from the camp I had to stop and take a breath, because you know, I'm getting old." He nodded as I continued. "Well as I stopped...I heard rustling in the bushes. A small cat came out and was 'dead', it bit my hind leg when I was trying to run away." I lowered my head sadly. "I was going to die anyway, but I never wanted to go this way..." I finished. Rowansky's eyes widened. He licked  my shoulder in a friendly way. "It's you're choice of what happens next, Surgorse. But I won't tell anyone what had happened until you're ready. But if you wait for to long, it's going to be too late. You're going to go dead and cause so much pain." He told me. I nodded sadly, "I know...I just dont want to go yet without saying goodbye to my son. And I don't know how I would break it to him, either." I ended.

We kept talking about it and it appeared that we have veered off to the side from some of the group, and we kept going when the group stopped. Frostflame hissed at us to stop but we didnt hear her. I laughed. "Really? She actually did that? She is so mousebrain!" I laughed again while looking around Rowansky when he stopped with fear glittering in his eyes. "What?" I asked him then suddenly, a painful teeth ripped into my pelt, blood splattered everywhere. I yowled in pain as more teeth hungrily scounged into my body. I fell to the ground as I see my son being held back by three warriors just so he doesn't try to come save me. Then, everything went black. My eyes opened once again, my fur being torn at still, looking into my son's eyes again, anger and grief fought each other. A tear drops from my eyes but I don't feel any emotion. I am crying on the inside, but I can't seem to cry on the outside. The cat's started to leave as Smokefoot hurry to ran over here, giving me a quick lick between the ears as saying goodbye. I grieved harder, I wish i could've said goodbye to you, my son. I watched him run away with the group his head and tail hanging low. I tried to speak out but all that came out was a groan, then I realized. 'I am a flesh-eater now, he licked me between the ears, risking his life just to do that. I wish I could be with him now.' Then, I couldn't see anything anymore, and then I could again, but my own body being torn at. The flesh-eaters went a different direction then the cats, my own body got up by itself and stumbled around as if I was still alive. But I wasn't even in my own body, I started rising higher and higher, my body just becoming a speck. I looked at my paws and they were starry, I realized that I was going to Starclan, I smiled but also remembered that I was not able to see my son ever again. I shook my head with grief, I looked above me and there was cats waiting for me there. I could recognize alot, but I was only looking for two main cats. As I got up there, I was greeted and welcomed, I brushed passed them. Dipping my head in thanks, I kept walking. But the cats kept following me. One of them asked me, "Will you miss Smokefoot?" I turned and hissed at the tortishell cat. "What do you think?!" I lashed my tail in frustration realizing that cat was my mother, my eyes that had anger in them, turned to sorrow. "Watergorse?..." I gasped. "Yes, my son. I am here. That is me." Watergorse mewed. I shuddered and put my head on her shoulder in grief of missing her. "Everything has changed so much... Nothing is the same anymore...I didn't know what to do...Where is Beering and Steamhope?" I asked for my other son and mate. "They are somewhere else. Let's go greet them, come on." Watergorse flicked her tail for me to follow her, I did and walked beside her, nuzzling my head in her fur. "I missed you so much Watergorse!" I whined. "I know, I know. But I am here now."  She replied. We got to where they were and I stopped in my tracks, looking towards my son and mate. "Beering? Steamhope?" I murmured, then I yowled. "Beering!!!! Steamhope!!!!!!!!" I ran to them, they both looked at me with gleam in their eyes. "It's been too long to see you again Surgorse! I missed you so much my lovely mate." Steamhope said while purring, her fur brushing against mine. I whimpered. "I couldn't stand it without you, knowing that your body is still on that Thunderpath...I tried so hard to go to bury it but it was banned from ever going there again." I lowered my head. She shushed me, "It's okay, I understand. Me and your son have been watching over you." She nodded toward Beering.

I look at Beering and smile, my tail lashing and flicking in happiness. "My handsome son. I have missed you so much! I am so sorry I couldn't save you, or your mother. You know that I would've if I could've right?" I asked. He nodded. "Of course dad. I have missed you so much too." He purred and our family was united once more.