Before The Last

(A/N) Ruby will be five years old at the time of this story, and Raven took Yang with her when she left to lead her tribe.

Summer POV.

Me and my daughter Ruby were heading home early from our mother daughter day. I wanted to suprises Tai with a new outfit the shows my figure a little more. I fell in love with him after Raven left with there child. I was there for him and I felt something grow between us but he hasn't proposed to me yet.

I felt a tug on my leg and looked down towards my daughter. "Mommy I'm tried can you carry me." Ruby asked rubbing her eyes.

I smiled and picked her put in my arm hugged her. "Of course anything for you my little petal." I then gave her a kiss on her forehead. Ruby quickly fell asleep in my arms as I was walking to are home.

After a few more minutes of walking I made it to the front door. I saw that the door was slightly opened, I pushed my way in and didn't saw Tai in the living room. "Tai were home." I said not getting an answer.

I placed ruby on the couch and went to look in the kitchen, but he wasn't there. I got a little confused. He normal tell me if he was going out if I wasn't home.

I made my way upstairs to see if he was cleaning the rooms or attic. As I reach the top of the stairs I heard a noise coming from our room. As I got closer I could her muffled moans. I felt my heart drop. I softly walked over to the door and cracked it open. What I saw shattered me. Tai was in bed with another woman.

"Ohh that was so much better then what Summer could ever do." Tai spoke while breathing hard. "I know the past six months have been the best." The woman side.

I fell to my knees making the door open reveal myself. This caught there attention. "Summer this isn't what it looks like." Tai try to defend himself.

I got up off the ground and went downstairs. When I got to the bottom I pick up Ruby and left though the door. I run to town of pacht. As I got there I looked for some were to go, but I couldn't think of any. The I got a call on scroll. I looked to see it was from Ozpin.

"Hello Ozpin, did you need something." I answered the call in a sad tone trying to hold back my tears. "Summer is everything alright?" He asked a little worried. "No it not." That all I could saw with breaking down. "What happened." "Can I come meet you at your office?" I asked.

"Of course you can." He spoke with a calm voice. "I'll be there in an hour or so." I told him while a tear rolled down my cheek. "I'll see you then." He then hung up.

I walked down towards the landing pad waiting for a bullhead to show up. I felt ruby shifted in my arm, as she was waking up. "Mommy were are we." She asked yawning. "Were going to go see a friend of mommy's. He's hopeful going to help us." I said as we got on the bullhead. "What about daddy." She asked curiously.

I felt tears rolling down my face. "He did something bad and it hurt me." All Ruby did was hug me tightly.

Time skips

We arrived at Beacon and Ruby was looking around with sparkles in her eyes. We made made our way to the elevator that led to Ozpin office. I was speaking to Ruby on the way up. "Ok sweet heart I go to go talk with my friend while you wait out side ok." She only nodded her head to answer.

The door open to show a room with chairs and a big door on the other end. I put her in a chair close to the doors. "Mommy should only be a few minutes, so wait here and be a good girl." "Ok mommy." She said with a big smile. I kissed her forehead and said "I love you my little petal."

I went to the door opening it and went through closing it behind me. I saw Ozpin and Glynda standing at the desk. "Hello Summer, what got you so upset." He asked."

I took them both about what happened, to say the were shock was an understatement. Glynda was the first to speak. "That just terrible, to think he would do that." There was vemon in her voice. "Yes I agree. But what are you going to do now, where you and Ruby stay?" Ozpin asked.

"I don't know." I cried into my hands. "I don't have any family and I can't go on mission and leave Ruby alone. I just don't know."

Oz then got an idea. "Well we do have an opening here at Beacon, as well as a few empty from room you and your daughter. What do you say."

I looked up at Ozpin. "You would do that for me." "Of course Summer, not only are you a dear friend but also now a single mother." Ozpin explained. Summer gave Ozpin a hug. "Thank you so much. When do I start." See exclaimed happy. "You start Monday. That give the two of you the weekend to settle in."

Ruby POV.

I was sitting in the chair thinking about what daddy did to hurt mommy. When I heard the elevator doors open. A man came out he had (h/l) (h/c) walk out and looked and the door. He was going to it then he noticed me.

"Hello there what are you doing here." He asked. "I'm waiting for my mommy." I spoke nervously. He lifted his right arm while holding a place bag. "Would you like something to snake on, while you wait."

I shook my head "Mommy said I shouldn't accept things from strangers." He then knelt in front of me. "That very smart thing. Well them I am (f/n) (l/n)
What yours." I was unsure at first but he seem nice. "I'm Ruby Rose." I said happily. He reached into the bag and pulled out a cookie. "There now were not strangers. So like a cookie." I took the cookies and thanked him. I was about to eat it when the door open.

(A/N)
Thank you for reading this this is my first story I published on any site so any feedback I would very much appreciate it.