Epilogue

"Happy anniversary, Rosie,"

Draco leant over his wife's sleeping form, kissing her on the tip of her freckled nose.

She wrinkled it, smiling, her eyes still shut.

"Draco, you big softy," she giggled as she pushed him playfully away.

She opened her eyes and they twinkled at him. He would never get sick of looking into them, he thought, as he brushed her hair behind her ear.

"Happy anniversary, Draco," she smiled.

"Are you ready for today?" He asked, glancing over at the calendar. The first day of September.

"It's going to be strange, being back there." She sighed, snuggling into the crook of his neck.

"Scorp's excited," he mused, thinking of his blonde haired son, proudly trying on his new school robes in front of the mirror.

"I hope he's not too disappointed if he doesn't make it into Slytherin." Rosie murmured. "Although, maybe he'd be better off in somewhere like Hufflepuff."

Draco tensed beneath her. "Anywhere but Hufflepuff. Actually - scratch that - anywhere but Gryffindor."

Rosie giggled, kissing his neck. "I know you'll be proud of him, whatever house he's in."

She continued to kiss his neck, slowly moving down to his chest.

"Mmmm, Rosie, don't do that. We've got to get up and you know I can't control myself around you,"

She lifted her head up, cocking an eyebrow. "Maybe we'll have an early night instead?"

"Well it is our anniversary," he murmured, pulling her back to him and catching her lips in his.

"Mummy! Daddy!"

Draco and Rosie pulled apart as a dark haired little girl came running into their room, jumping on to their bed.

"Careful Daisy!" Rosie laughed as she nearly launched herself off the other side.

Draco sat up, pulling his daughter on to his lap.

"Shush you, you're going to wake Scorp." He muttered, kissing the top of her head.

"I love you daddy," she grinned, bringing her little arms around his neck and kissing his chin.

His heart swelled with love as he looked at his five year old little girl. She was the spitting image of Rosie. She had all her features except for the eyes. She had his silver grey eyes.

He put his arm around Rosie as she sat up and snuggled into them.

"We should probably go wake him up anyway," she sighed. "We need to make sure he's well fed before we leave."

Draco noted the sadness in her voice. He knew it was going to be difficult for her, saying goodbye. He squeezed her to him, kissing her head firmly. He wanted her to know that he will be with her, always.

"I want to go to magic school too, daddy, please can I go too." Daisy whined, looking up at him imploringly, her bottom lip poking out.

"Not yet, Daisy. You've got to stay here and look after mummy and me." He smiled, looking from his precious daughter to his darling Rosie. His two beautiful flowers.

He looked over to the bedroom window and watched the waves crashing to the shore on the beach below. He swallowed as his thoughts turned to his other daughter, his lost daughter, Pearl.

***

Rosie

My heart thudded in my chest as we stepped onto the familiar platform. There it was, the scarlet steam train, in all its glory.