The Other Side

"Right here, right now, I put the offer out." The figure said to the other person, who was on the other side of the room.

"I don't want to chase you down. I know you see it, You run with me,"

The second person ignored the first, and concentrated on placing more stone down.

"And I can cut you free. Out of the drudgery and walls you keep in,"

The second person seemed to pause in lowering the stone.

"So trade that typical for something colourful. And if it's crazy, live a little crazy" The first figure seemed to insist, walking over towards the second person.

"You can play it sensible, a king of conventional. Or you can risk it all and see," The first figure continued.

"Don't you wanna get away from the same old part you gotta play? 'Cause I got what you need, so come with me and take the ride," The first figure was now a few steps away from the second. "It'll take you to the other side."

The second figure glanced at the first, the only sign of acknowledgement, before continuing to place the stone.

"'Cause you can do like you do. Or you can do like me," The first figure continued.

"Stay in the cage, or you'll finally take the key," The first figure said, as the second shook their head.

"Oh, damn! Suddenly you're free to fly. It'll take you to the other side." The second figure fully turned to the first figure, scowling now.

"Okay, my friend, you want to cut me in, Well I hate to tell you, but it just won't happen," The second person said.

"So thanks, but no. I think I'm good to go," The second figure said, turning towards the door. "'Cause I quite enjoy the life you say I'm trapped in."

"Now I admire you, and that'll show you do," The second figure turned towards the first, "You're onto something, really it's something."

"But I live among the swells, and we don't pick up peanut shells, I'll have to leave that up to you," The second said, a finality in their voice.

"Don't you know that I'm okay with this uptown part I get to play, 'Cause I got what I need and I don't want to take the ride, I don't need to see the other side." The second person said, the first figure scowled at them.

"So go and do like you do. I'm good to do like me," The second figure continued, not leaving room for the other to break in, "Ain't in a cage, so I don't need to take the key. Oh, damn! Can't you see I'm doing fine,"

"I don't need to see the other side," The second figure insisted, making eye contact with the first, electric blue meeting crimson red. The first figure only sighed.

"Now is this really how you like to spend your days?" The first figure asked the second, "Whiskey and misery, and parties and plays."

"If I were mixed up with you, I'll be disgraced and disowned, another clown," The second figure told the first one.

"But you would finally live a little, finally laugh a little. Just let me give you the freedom to dream," The first told the second, "And it'll wake you up and cure your aching. Take your walls and start 'em breaking."

"Now that's a deal that seems worth taking. But I guess I'll leave that up to you." The first said to the second.

The second one paused considering and than nodded, taking up the first's offer.

An invisible weight seemed to be lifted off of the second person's shoulders.

Then both figures disappeared.