A Letter From Your Lover

just some fluff, i guess. fitting for Valentine's Day.

I remember the day that I first saw you. I had joined the Hermits the same time as you. Your eyes were so happy, with your dark hair and brown army jacket. I think it was that love at first sight thing people think about.

I remember when you fell asleep at your build. You had pulled way too many all-nighters for your own good, and was way too tired to be building. Yet you decided to push yourself.

I carried you back to your base, —you were surprisingly light, maybe a bit too much for your own good.— throwing enderpearls, and tucked you into your bed. Goodnight, I had told you, and went back to my base, knowing you were safe and sound.

I remember the wither fight. Both of us were fighting AT LEAST two withers, and Biffa had harnessed one of them, and steering it towards the other withers, laughing. Your wither's had knocked you down, and I caught you. I kind of wished the moment lasted longer, though without the withers, and preferably the other hermits. You had thanked me, and then we were off, fighting the last of the wither's.

We all split the Nether Star's, and I admit, I got the least out of the seven of us. But that was okay with me.

I remember the time you got sick. Really sick. I stayed at your side for days; not wanting to leave you. We were all afraid that you might permanently die. Joe finally warned us that we should start saying our goodbyes. I was put dead last, and every minute of waiting hurt me, hoping that you would be okay. I sat by your bedside, and —I won't admit this to anyone but you,— but I cried.

And that was the first time I said, 'I love you,' to you. I waited awhile, and I guess I fell asleep, but Joe told us you had done a complete 180, and you were getting better. And just like that, two weeks later, you were back on your feet, eager to build once more.

I remember that day that was horrible to you. You were in the worst mood, after some of your builds had exploded, —no one knew from sabotage or creeper explosion— Biffa had killed you for your head twice, and Tango, Impulse, and —surprisingly— Xisuma had pranked you in the same day, at different times. They had pulled one too many pranks on you.

You were heading towards your base, and I decided to leave you a cornflower, which was your favourite flower. When you saw it, you picked it up and looked around grinning, with that smile that lit up my entire world. "Thank you," you had said, hugging me tightly.

I remember the time you had come to my base in tears, wrenching my heart. I didn't know what had happened, or what to do. I took you into my base, and got out your favourite ice cream and movie. You slowly told me what had happened, giving me bits and pieces. Your girlfriend had cheated on you. I promised myself that she'll never hurt you again.

I remember our first accidental kiss. Tango and Impulse, —probably with Jevin's help but he never said,— had made a plan to get us to kiss, and to flee as fast as possible away. And they did just that. I'll be honest, the kiss lasted a bit longer than it should have, but that was fine with both of us.

I remember that time we met your ex. You know, the one who cheated on you? We had run into her at the HUB world, and she immediately tried to cozy up to you. "Hey babe, we're not finished yet." She had drawled out.

You backed away from her, and ended up behind me.

"Stop it." I had told her.

"So what? You're not his boyfriend, you're just a friend. Plus you can't tell me what to do with my boyfriend." She told us. Let's call her Wh— Cheerio.

"And so what if I was his boyfriend?" I had asked Cheerio.

"Well I wouldn't care. Afterall, who'd want someone gay." Cheerio had said, sounding disgusted. "Then again, if you really are his boyfriend, prove it." The crowd muttered disapprovingly at the comment.

So I kissed you in front of her. I know, a jerk move without your consent. It was heaven while it lasted.

Cheerio huffed and stormed away. I heard someone in the crowd go, "Good Riddance."

It's been a few years since we left the hermits now. We live on an island now, though it may be small, it's enough for both of us. If we wished, we knew we could expand our island.

It's been pretty lonely, I'll admit, without the hermits and their daily shenanigans. Biffa and his head hunt, all the pranks, the crazy wither fights, the time we all got stuck in a hole on the way to fight the Ender Dragon, and you had to dig us out. I miss everything about it.

And I was wondering, maybe we could go back.

I hope you guys enjoyed this, and I thought I should mention that this takes place in Season Three.