02 | sunday walk.

a.

"papa, don't forget to bring in your clothes from outside. we don't want them to be stolen again," i said while closing the locks to my bag.

"yes, dear," he mumbled, a bottle in his hand.

he sat in his chair, listening to songs on the radio with a glassy look in his eye.

i leaned down to kiss him on his cheek. I took his hand in mine and gave it a light squeeze.

"don't sleep too late," I said while pulling away, "I'll see you on friday."

"wait."

I turned around and looked at him. he pulled out a white envelope from his pocket and held it out to me.

"oh I almost forgot. thank you, I'll give it to momma when I get home." I smiled at him and took the envelope.

opening my luggage once more, I placed it on top of my clothes gently and closed it back up.

"see you later, papa."

i shut the door softly behind me and began my walk back home. I wore the same dress as I did on friday as it was the late afternoon and the heat was still there. I did not want to be sweating in my church clothes.

there wasn't much people walking, little to non at all. strolling down the street I looked at all the different houses and shops. most were closed, as usual.

after several long minutes of walking, I turned the corner and continued my walk. I was back on the narrow street where the vendor had dropped his food. It was all cleared up now, and I promised myself that next time I would buy something from him.

just then a shiny black vehicle went by, making a gust of wind hit me. I sighed in gratitude as the wind helped cool me down just a little for a brief moment.

as I got to the end of the street, I waited with a few other people to be able to cross the road.

the smell of cigarette smoke was suddenly in the air, and grew stronger with each passing second, though I didn't mind. collins always smoked at home.

slow foot steps walked in my direction, but I didn't think too much of it. when the sound stopped I felt a presence near me, a little too close near me.

a puff of smoke blew near my face though I turned my head the other way. but I was curious as to who was standing so close to me.

i turned my head slightly to get a look at whoever was there. all I saw was a dark suit, brown tousled hair and a hand with many rings on his fingers. I looked up at his face and saw dark and mesmerizing green eyes staring back.

quickly I looked away, a little embarrassed for getting caught.

people began to cross the road and I started to follow them, walking with my head down. dark leather shoes came to my view, matching my pace. he smelled of cigarette smoke and fresh cologne.

i kept my head down out of shyness and embarrassment.

once on the other side of the road, the man continued to walk along beside me.

"hello there," his deep and low voice spoke out, an accent i've heard only once or twice in my life.

i finally glanced at the man who walked beside me. my eyes looked up at his face, and all I could say was he's beautiful. i was taken back by his beauty but I dare not show it.

"hello sir," I said quietly.

"lovely day out for a stroll, isn't it?" he continued.

i stole another quick glance at him. he lifted his hand up to his mouth to take a puff of his cigarette. he turned his head to look at me just as i turned away from him.

"yes, it is," I replied shyly.

i heard him blow out the smoke, "where are you off to, love?"

i felt my face turn hot as the name. i didn't really want to tell him where exactly, he's very handsome, but he's also a stranger. collins warned me of men who wanted to ruin girls like me. though i never knew what he meant by that.

"just back to my momma's house," I said, not wanting to be rude.

"need a ride?"

"p-pardon me?" my heart beat sped up, both in fear and curiosity.

"I can give you a ride home, my driver is parked right around here," he nodded to a black vehicle parked a little ways in front of us.

'how gorgeous is that car' I thought, 'but what would momma say? or even worse, collins?'

i knew i shouldn't. but the offer was so tempting, and the journey so long. and i was so curious to see the inside of a car. we used to have one, long time ago, but nothing so new as his car.

"thank you for the offer," I started, tempted to take the offer, "but I think I should keep walking."

"are you sure? I don't mind at all," he continued.

i bit my lower lip before stopping and looking up at him. he noticed me and stopped as well, looking at me with an intense gaze. my breath hitches for a moment in nervousness, but I quickly regain my posture and looked elsewhere.

"really, I-I wouldn't want to be a bother. thank you for the kind offer, though I must be on my way. have a nice day, sir," I spoke, only glancing up at him occasionally.

quickly I turned and walked a bit faster than usual. I didn't hear him follow me and I dared not look back. I just kept my head down and went about my way.

"i'll see you around, love," he called out.

i didn't respond—i wasn't sure how to. I then heard the sound of a car door opening a closing. the engine roared to life and within moments, I saw the black vehicle driving by. the outline of the man's hair from the back window was last thing I saw of him.

I let out a small breath of relief and I made my way towards the countryside and back home to momma. the look in his eyes was so intense, i couldn't stop thinking of him and the way he made me feel was unfamiliar, but in a good way i suppose.

-
hello i hope you enjoyed the chapter.

I'll be taking it slow for now, establish somewhat of a relationship between them two. in the first few chapters, harry won't be a prominent character, but you'll get to know more about the girl and her life/family.

also, since her name wasn't revealed yet, any guess to what it may be? hint: it starts with "a."

and i'll be introducing a new update schedule! i will begin regular updates starting nov. 1st on fridays with a goal. if the goal doesn't get reached by the next update time, don't worry it'll be updated on monday instead, plus the goals will be low! see you in the next chapter!

don't forget to comment and vote xx
-

goal: 1 comment, 1 vote