10 | a stroll.

a.

i've always loved the smell of soap.

i was currently washing the dishes from last night's dinner as i was too lazy to do it after we finished eating. i also neglected to wash them after breakfast and lunch. i knew papa would be cross if he sees that they were still not done by the time he comes home—which would be in a couple of hours.

he worked long twelve hour shifts, from six in themorning until six in the evening. he wouldn't come home for another half hour sometimes because of the public transport. even though he lived close to his place of employment, he still had to take take a bus to and from work. sometimes there was a rush, but now it's been faster.

a lot of people are starting to be laid off at his work and i'm worried that he'll be next. papa currently works as a welder at a car factory owned by henry ford. it's been tough the past few years and mr. ford had to close down majority of his factories. the place papa works at could be next any day now.

i sighed as i finished scrubbing the pot. i turned on the faucet and rinsed off all the soap suds. after all the soap was gone, i dried if off with a clean rag and put it away in the cupboard.

now that everything else was clean, it was time to have a bath.

monday was always bath day, as was thursday. thankfully, papa had running water in his house complex, so there was no need for a pump and boiling water like at momma's house.

i went into my room and laid out on my bed one of my favourite dresses. it was mid-thigh length with a flower pattern on a creamy white cotton fabric. it had a lace hemming and an extra layer for the skirt, the same whitish colour but with no flowers. it was a simple design that momma had made for me last summer. and i also laid out something else as well, something that i've always wanted.

when papa and i were out the other day, there was one department store that was open. i begged papa to go there, to take me inside because i've never been myself. i finally convinced him and we went window shopping. we went to the ladies clothing to see if we could find momma or i something to wear. and there in the back were the bras! i pleaded if i could get one and mentioned that momma wore one, my friends and them and that they were on sale! two for the price of one. papa was of course embarrassed to be there and finally got me two to hush me up.

they were both white cotton henri bendel bras. they were suppose to be 'seamless' so that the breasts could look more rounder and natural. i also laid out my white panties so that i could get dressed quickly when i cam out of the bath.

i walked down the hall and into the bathroom. i turned on the water and made sure the water was warm enough to get in. once it was ready, i closed and locked the door. i stripped off my clothes and got in.

i washed my hair first. i made sure i was thorough before washing all the soap off. i then began to wash my body. i made sure everywhere was washed and clean before i rinsed off. by then the water was beginning to turn lukewarm. i unplugged the tub and stood up. grabbing a clean towel from the shelf in the bathroom, i dried my hair to get the excess water off before rubbing my body down. i wrapped it around me and opened the door to go to my bedroom.

i got dressed quickly. i was clad in my panties and bra when i looked down at them. i was so glad to wear it—it made me feel like a woman. i quickly put on my dress, white socks and dried my hair as much as i could.

walking back into the bathroom, i brushed my hair down and went to put on my shoes, white oxfords with brown soles.

i didn't bother to grab my hat as i would let the sun dry my hair naturally.