13 | collins' wrath.

content warning: explicit language, violence.
-

a.

i was looking out of the open car window, watching as the trees flew by, a cool wind blowing onto my face. i was in a sort of daze, idly sitting inside harry's car as we drove to our destination. he was of course sitting by me, our thighs touching, and i was leaning against his chest with his arm draped over my shoulder.

we were closer than before, i'd like to think. just a week ago, i'd be too shy to do anything but hold his hand, but ever since yesterday, it changed both of us. we've also been spending more time together, so we know each other more and are no longer the strangers we once were.

but the more i spent with harry, the more i kept playing a game i knew wouldn't end well.

i was falling for him.

i hate to admit it, but i did have feelings for him—a man who was nearly ten years my senior. but it wasn't just his looks that i liked, but his heart as well.

no one had treated me the way harry had, his kindess and understandingness of my circumstances. he treated me as an equal and never once made me feel less than what i was. he always made sure i was okay and happy and has never pressured me into doing something i didn't want to. he was like a dream. an absolute dream.

the surrounding area soon began to take on familiar look. and before we knew it the car rolled to a gentle stop. harry gave my arm a squeeze once he noticed i wasn't moving.

"we're here," he murmured.

i sighed, "i know."

"what's the matter? don't want to go home?" he asked.

"maybe just a little," i admitted, turning away from the window to cuddle closer to him.

"baby, your mum and brothers are waiting for you at home. they haven't seen you in a week. they miss you—and i'm sure you miss them too," he said softly, rubbing my arm in reassurance.

"i know.. but's it's so boring there. i have chores, they have chores. everyone's always working, there's no time to do anything. it's like everyone is always doing something, yet they're not doing anything.. if that makes sense. the days are the same and i feel like.. i'm wasting away. i like being in the city with papa. there i can go to parks, see all the stores.. and spend time with you. you make my life more interesting," i said softly, a bit embarressed.

he let out a small laugh.

"we all have to work love, even me. i wish i could spend all my time with you, but i can't. well, not just yet at least. but there will be a time when we can be together, and it'll just be us," he then kissed the top of my head, "you should get going."

i nodded and we both pulled away from each other. i opened the door and stepped out, my bag in hand.

"i'll see you next week?" he asked.

i nodded and smiled faintly at him.

i was about to close the door when a thought came to mind and i impulsively acted on it. i leaned back in and gave harry a quick kiss on the lips. i saw him smile as i closed the door.

and as always, he stayed behind to watch me as i walked out of sight.

i walked away with a smile on my face and green eyes on my mind. the day was going so good and harry's words made me feel a little better. nothing could ruin my day.

little did i know what was going to happen next.

-