12 | going back.

warning: contains sexually explicit material.

-

a.

it was a friday afternoon, a quarter to one. harry would be here to pick me up soon.

after my drink on wednesday, he cleaned up all the evidence. we then had tabitha's dinner and took a stroll around the neighbourhood, or lack thereof. he then took me home and that was that.

thursday was an okay day, papa was really tired so i tried my best to be on my best behaviour. he's still sorry that he can't spend as much time with me as he wanted. i alway made sure to tell him i'm glad to be there, even if we can't spend as much time together as we planned.

harry's sleek black car comes rolling up to the curbside and i begin to stand up from the steps i was sitting on. i noted that he wasn't in the backseat, which i found peculiar as he usually always comes to pick me up.

walking up to the car, franklin comes out from the driver's side to open my door.

"thank you," i say quietly, getting inside.

he closes the door and quickly goes back into the driver seat. he starts the car and we're off to harry's house.

"where's harry?" i asked shyly.

"he's been held up with work at home, miss. he told me to come fetch you and go straight back to his house," he responded with a firm yet gentle tone.

"oh, i see," i murmured and sent a smile in his direction. he nodded his head and continued to drive.

i looked out the window as drove on. i watched as people passed by and counted the trees. it was warm out and i was somewhat tired. my eyes began to droop and i let out a small yawn. i was only going to rest my eyes. i had no intentions of sleeping.

-

i suddenly opened my eyes. franklin had just cleared his throat. he had opened my side of the door and was patiently waiting for me to exit the vehicle.

"oh i'm sorry, i didn't mean to fall asleep. the car ride was very relaxing, and i was a bit tired from last night—"

"it's alright, miss, no need to fret. we only just got here. mr. styles must be waiting for you inside," he said in a soft voice.

"thank you," i felt my face flushed as i got out.

i walked towards the door of harry's house, which was left open to let whatever breeze there was to cool the house. i pushed open the door and it let out a small creak.

i slipped off my shoes and heard a familiar sound.

"hrmph?"

i saw molly jump down from her spot on one of the parlour sofas and let out a big stretch before bounding over to me. she rubbed up against my leg and i crouched down to give her some pets.

"how are you, pretty girl?" i whispered to her.

she purred in response.

i stood up and smooth down the ends of my dress--a pale pink with various pink flowers and. it comes to mid-thigh with long flowy sleeves. i continued to make my way to the sitting room, looking around for harry. if he wasn't there, then he'd probably be in his office.

there were voices coming from the kitchen and curiosity has gotten the better of me, so i went to look.

i pushed open the door slightly and peeked inside.