11 | his home.

a.

on tuesday night i left a flower by the door.

that day papa had told me he would be working overtime for the rest of the week. he was sorry that he couldn't spend more time with me, but they laid off seven more people earlier that day and they needed to make up the loss of work.

i was a little disappointed as i was looking forward to spending some more time with him, but if it'll help with money then i guess i can't argue with that. of course it saddened me, but it also meant that i could spend more time with harry.

todday i had only eaten breakfast, just some toast and orange juice. i tried passing the time by reading but i was too anxious to focus on anything in the book. i kept staring at the clock and thought about hown slow time was passing.

i decided on getting my clothes ready for today to help calm my excitement.

quickly i walked down the hall into my room. i looked through the clothes i brought, my dresses, night gowns, underwear and socks. the thought of him seeing me in my under garments made my heart beat like crazy. i don't know if he would actually see me in my panties and bra but i wanted make sure that i looked cute at least. i chose one of the bras i got and and this cute baby blue cotton panties with lace trimmings and a little bow in the front. i then got out a white dress with frilly edge finishing on the on the chest and shoulder sleeves.

i also went over to my nightstand and took out a necklace i kept there. a tiny heart necklace with my initials engraved in the back.

a.e.c

my grandmother got it for me when i was a little girl before she passed. i keep it at papa's house because i know collins would steal it and pawn it or sell it for his drug money. and since he doesn't come here, it's safe here.

i went into the bathroom and put it on. i struggled with the hook and clasp but i managed to get it on. i admired it as i looked in the mirror. the chain was cool against my neck and chest.

backing up slowly, i slipped off my dress and looked at my body in the mirror. i didn't see anything special that harry would like. i was short in stature and my breasts were small. though they weren't flat, they weren't as full as other women. i also had a light tan from walking out in the sun. i didn't look as pretty as the women in the films. maybe this was all a cruel joke and harry didn't actually like me. i would hate to think that.

i looked away from the mirror, put my dress on and walked out.

-

after i had left the bathroom, i took a small nap in papa's bed. i was quite exhausted from the night before—i was up thinking about what harry said and my response. i only got a few hours at most, even though i did try to sleep.

i yawned and stretched. i check the clock on the wall and instantly woke up.

it was already two fifteen!

i flew out of the bed and into my room. i swiftly stripped off my dress and under garments and changed into my new underwear and bra. i slipped on my dress and went to the bathroom to brush my hair. once it was all smooth, i went back to put on my knee-high socks.

quickly grabbing my hat, i went to put my shoes on. i rubbed my eyes as i was still sleepy, set my hat a top my head, grabbed the keys and stepped outside.

it was a sunny and warm day out, the heat hitting me all at once. i locked the door and held the key tightly in my fist.

harry's black car rolled up slowly to the curb in front of the house. i smiled shyly as franklin got out and opened the door for me.