07 | beginnings.

a.

it's been a week since mr. styles had given me a lift to papa's house. and a while since what happened in the car. i wondered if it was all a dream that i had imagined. but it couldn't be since that was the second time it occurred.

he even looks like a dream. a man as beautiful as he is couldn't possibly be real. it was as though god had made him himself. from his gorgeous chestnut brown hair to his alluring emerald green eyes that held a dark and playful glint them. and his smile, i could practically melt whenever he smiled at me. but his touch.. it left a trail of tingle on my skin wherever he touched me.

no one had ever touch me down there, not even myself. only if i were washing myself but not like what he did. it felt though as if it were wrong, to let him do that, but it did feel nice if i had to admit it. is this was grown ups do? did my momma and papa do this with one another?

nope, nope. i shuddered at the thought. gross. i couldn't imagine them doing such a thing. they're old and my parents.

i tried to think of something else. and no matter how hard i tried, my thoughts always seemed to go back to the same thought. him.

i wanted to know more about him—he's more than just another pretty face.

i also wanted to know if he thought the same way of me, which i doubt, but then i would want him to think me more than a person who's attractive.

sighing, i thought about what would happen today. i didn't go to school as it was the last day and my friends wouldn't be there. i tried my to help around the house as best i could. i cleaned the kitchen, hung up laundry, helped make lunch and even sat with joey as he played piano.

he was a star on the piano. he could just listen to a song once and play it perfectly. sometimes joey would play as momma and i danced together, we'd make up our own silly little dances. collins use to dance with us too, and we'd do the waltz together. but not anymore. he'd say we were fools for doing it, or he just watch us, which is just fine too i guess.

"hey, what time are you leaving?" collins asks, walking into the kitchen where i currently was.

"three o'clock," i responded.

"get your stuff then, it's almost three," he's said, opening the fridge and looking inside for a possible snack.

just then joey came in and handed me my little luggage.

"thank you," i say, taking it from him.

i leaned up and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

it was heavier than usual, as this time i'd be gone for a whole week. i'd be back on saturday. it would've been sunday but momma wanted me to come to church with them next week. i went into the parlour room where momma was polishing the silverware.

"bye momma, i'll see you next saturday. don't let collins drive you too crazy. and please, let him be a little nicer to joey?" i kissed her check.

"bye dear. oh don't say such things, both of my boys are angels. be safe," she smiled at me.

i walked out of the room and down the hall. i put on my shoes and walked towards the door.

"be careful. have fun.. and don't talk to strangers," collins said, leaning on the frame of the entrance to the parlour room.

the way he said it was peculiar. as if he knew something i didn't. i brushed it off as collins being collins, teasing me in his own way.

"i will."