Chapter 8 - The Gym

No One's POV

No one uttered a word as Veronica came and stumbled into the living room, despite her stoic expression, her flushed cheeks and her tumbling over her own two feet told them that she had been drinking. Philippines and Poland tried to lend a helping hand but they immediately retracted back as if they were burned upon being greeted by her menacing glare, the nations didn't seem to comprehend what had happened for her to go drinking, what's more is that she went and grabbed more alcohol from the cellar.

The nations would've lied if they said that they weren't the least bit worried, they were confused at her sudden change of demeanor, as if changing from one person to another. She changed from a calm, collected person to an irrational alcoholic who would give anyone that tried to make any kind of contact a menacing glare that could possibly kill you, this worried and confused the nations.

Though one nation in particular, despite being suspicious and skeptical in nature, was sure of what the reason may be of her sudden change of attitude. The air in the room was thick and tense, a heavy silence hung over them as Veronica continued to drink her alcohol, drowning whatever sorrow or rage she had when she decided to go drinking on a weekday of work. She groaned and grunted, running her hand through her hair as she eyes the nations before them. The nations were worried and was getting more anxious, they've never seen Veronica waltzing in the living room and drunk off her ass, it was a begrudging sight. Again, the tall nation that stood behind the group was eyeing nothing in particular, his eyebrows furrowed as he thought deeply. He could take this chance to get information, maybe even about this world and how it works since they couldn't just walk out of this mansion and waltz into the streets like they own the god damn place, no! They can't just do that, because their very existence is not normal in this world as Veronica told them, the government will snatch up their asses and dissect them like some other wordly creatures that they could use for future experiments or some shit.

I mean, they could do whatever they want to a countries body since they were practically immortal and all, but of course they can't do whatever they want to the actual country that they represent. Still, that would be too much of a gruesome experience and the nations were sure that they would not want to experience any of that, they have experienced many things already and they don't want to experience all of it again.

Veronica only stared at them with half-lidded and dull eyes, which made the nations squirm under her intense stare. She then suddenly slammed the bottle of beer down on the coffee table, grunting as she stood up from the arm chair that she sat on. Walking her way up the stairs, never looking back at the nations, who sighed in relief from the uncomfortable place they were in since they were just stared rather intensely at as if they were being judged.

The nations didn't speak after that night, they all went to bed and slept, but the question still remains at the back of their minds.

'Just what had happened?'

^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ = ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^

Morning came and there wasn't that much to it really, it was just another normal day. South Korea decided to help France this time, while Philippines fed the dogs. After last night, they haven't seen Veronica, which got some of them worried.