𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍.

As much as I complained about Georgia, I missed it back home

As much as I complained about Georgia, I missed it back home. There was no other place like the south. Everything was more raw and authentic unlike California, where everybody likes to follow a certain status quo.

It was more real to me, everybody going through the same shit I been through. The struggle was real here and nobody was ashamed about it.

And I'm not talking about the nice parts like Buckhead and Midtown. We were in the slums, Bankhead to be exact.

I'd never made my way over to this side of Atlanta, I'd been a couple of times and for the hood to excite me so much I never went.

Kojo and I were out in Atlanta, he had some shit he needed to take care of.

I was just chilling, riding with him, and relaxing on my last off day for the rest of the week.

He needed to stop by his mama's house for something.

I deeply sighed and watched the neighborhood, everybody was outside. Kids playing, girls huddled up in little groups, and the niggas wreaking havoc.

Kojo's soft hands rubbed on my thigh, he hadn't moved his hand since we been in the car. Touching was a love language for him.

We weren't in love by any means, he was becoming my best friend. I cared for him but those strong feelings weren't there yet and that's fine.

They sat time is of the essence but I feel that it's just an illusion. We got all the time in the world so there's no need being in a hurry.

The street lights were now coming on and everyone was inside.

He pulled up into a homey, yellow, brick built estate. It was one of the bigger houses in the neighborhood and the nicest.

There were two cars already parked in the driveway and Kojo just pulled up behind a black Toyota Camry.

"You coming in?" He smiled over at me with soft eyes. He wanted me to meet his grandmother so bad but I was nervous.

"I'll just stay in here this probably isn't a good time to meet her. I can wait in here," I twisted my lips hoping he didn't mind. I just didn't want her to meet me right away. I'm still tryna warm up to him.

His smile dropped slowly and he looked toward the house. "Okay, I'll be back," he turned the car off tossed his keys up and locked the door after he got out.

I rested my head on the window and scrolled through Twitter. An unknown caller was showing up on my screen. I answered it assuming it was Meech or Jojo.

"Hello," I held the phone to my ear.

"Hey, what you doing?" Meech's voice was soft spoken.

"Sitting in the car, what y'all up to?" I smiled looking down. My heart warming up.

"About to go to bed," he blew out. "Me and Jolin love you,"

"I love y'all too,"

I twisted my lips just wishing it wasn't just a phone call. I wanted them both here with me.

"How did y'all get my number?" I scrunched my eyebrows trying to piece everything together.

"The caseworker gave it to us," was all he said and I remember talking to her before. But she had an attitude when I went up there and told me she couldn't give them my number.

I guess she had a change of heart.

"I gotta go,"

The call ended cutting me off from saying a simple Bye, I love you.

I didn't like this feeling I was upset but there was nothing I could do. Our conversations are rare and ended before I could even start one.

I know it was hell for them cause it was hell for me. I just hope they're continuing to be strong like I told them to.

I watched Kojo's slanky body come out of the house, rushing down the steps, and moving toward the car.

He opened the car all the cool air coming in, Kojo was shivering. "She wants to meet you,"

"Kojo," I gave him bugged out eyes.

"What she brought it up," he raised his arms up and frowned. "Asked me where you was at,"

"What if she doesn't like me," I bowed my head.

"I done told her about you, she like you more than me," he said sitting down in the drivers seat and turning towards me. "After you meet her we can leave,"

I just nodded and took deep breaths. I don't know why I was so nervous but I always wanted to set a good impression on people.

Me being tired from the plane and unpacking I was exhausted. I didn't want his grandma to think I wasn't interested in meeting her.

As I got out I saw a group of guys on the other side of the street. Just eyeing the house and one nodded at Kojo.

We entered the house and it was empty in the living room. He walked toward the back where the only light was a television.

"Hey, grandma. This Genie, Genie this my granny Faye,"

"Finally nice to meet you. He was talking bout you so much I thought you was imaginary chile," she smiled pulling her glasses down, turning her lamp on.

"It's nice to meet you too Ms. Faye," I smiled and nodded at her.

"It's getting late, I'll let you two get to wherever y'all was going. Bring her to dinner tomorrow night,"

"Nah, I ain't finna do her like that," he shook his head and let out a soft chuckle. "Momma don't like nobody and Jurni just too damn uppity,"

"It's dinner," she scrunched her face up.

"Nah, it's an interrogation room and you never back me up," Kojo smacked his lips.

-

just a lil filler lol cause we all need a break from the fuck shit sometimes 😂