𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄.

"Good morning," I heard a raspy voice step into the room

"Good morning," I heard a raspy voice step into the room. Light from the basement shed in, beaming on my eyes.

My lids were still closed and I thought I'd be able to get more sleep than what I'd been getting. The smell of fresh food made me rise, rubbing the back of my hand into my eyes.

"Morning," I groaned and the guy sat down beside me. He was sable complected, broad shoulders, and black hair buzzed down. He had a face covered in facial hair and he kept golds in his mouth. I just examined him trying to figure him out. And why did he come down instead of Mav?

It's been a tedious week trapped in this basement and no signs of Kojo anywhere so I just started to believe everything Mav had been saying

It's been a tedious week trapped in this basement and no signs of Kojo anywhere so I just started to believe everything Mav had been saying. I haven't gotten in contact with him but at this point I don't care to hear from him. I was more than upset.

I was lonely down here and the cold air made me feel sick to my stomach. I hated it here and just wanted to be somewhere far away from all this shit.

"Where's Mav?" I questioned, balling my body up and looking over to him.

"He went out on a business trip, I fixed some food for you. And you can get dressed, you're coming with me today," he stood up and tucked his hands in his front pockets.

"But, I'm not supposed to leave. Mav sai—,"

"Mav's not here and Mav won't know. Okay? So just trust me? I ain't gone hurt you," he looked deep into my eyes and I just turned away and shook my head.

"You work for him?" I raised an eyebrow, pulling the plate toward myself. I hadn't ate since I been here, it's like he could care less about my well being.

"I'm gonna get you outta here. Aight?" He consoled me and I just nodded as I chewed down the bacon.

He sat there while I ate and this was the first time I actually enjoyed a strangers company. All these nights sleeping here in the cold by myself, I was desperate for someone else to interact with.

I wiped my face and sat the plate to the side. "I don't have any clothes, I been in this same outfit since he threw me in here," I pressed my lips together and he just nodded his head.

"Just wrap this blanket around you," he said grabbing the thin sheet, pulling it around my shoulders.

I held onto it and thanked him, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and tried to stand me up but I fell right back down. He picked me up, carrying me in both hands and walked out of the room.

That dead body was gone and cleaned up. The floor looked good as new. My eyes traced around as he went up the steps with me in his arms.

His hands carried me until the last step. He turned his head and I looked directly at him. Our faces inches apart. "Can you open the door?"

It took me a minute to playback what he said but I moved swift when it registered to my brain. I twisted the doorknob and looked around his living room area. Everything nice and neat like he didn't have me trapped downstairs in a damn jail cell.

I was in the dark for what felt like years. He continued to walk, picking his pace up like he was rushing to get out of the house. Now he was just running with me in his arms, clicking on what looked like a car key.

A flash of heat hit my body and all I saw was orange and yellow from behind me. His house went up in flames, literally.

As much as I wanted to be happy I was free my soul was damaged. I couldn't smile or anything all I felt was resentment.

He kept his pace up until he reached a black and white Hellcat.

He unlocked his car and went to the passenger side, opening up the door and placing me into the seat. He strapped my seatbelt and gently closed the door.

Once he got in and started the car he switched gears and sped off. My body holding onto the sheet and my eyes inspected the road ahead. It was dark outside, like it was super early. The radio read 4:44 and I yawned loudly.

My eyes blinked and I rested my head on the window, small trickles of water dripped onto the glass.

"Thank you," I closed my eyes.

"Just doing my job," he gripped onto the wheel and smiled over at him. "Mav's dead by the way, so you don't have to worry about him coming after you,"

Relief was lifted and some of my worries and speculations were no longer. I cuddled myself with the sheet and tried to forget about the long time I spend down there being abused.

"You worked for him?" I opened an eye starting to feel suspicious, blinking both eyes open to watch him.

"Nah," he shook his head and gripped the wheel.

The radio was off but he turned it on keeping it at a low volume, I guess it helped him drive? Or maybe that was his way of telling me not to ask anymore questions.

"Where you taking me?" I altered my head,
and faced him.

"To Kojo's," he said making my stomach drop.

"No! Just take me home," I shook my head in irritation. "Take me home, I don't wanna see him,"

"I— that's not what he ordered," he bit down on his lip and looked at me awkwardly.

"I don't give a fuck just take me home. I'll put my address in and you can drive me home, I don't wanna see him,"

"B—,"

"Home," I demanded and he just gave in and blew out a large whiff of air.

"You gone get me killed,"

-

y'all like the new banner? i was tired of looking at the old one 🥴

i wasn't gonna keep this mav situation sad or long, skipped all the bs but genie
finally free. i don't think y'all know who
this guy is but i introduced him about ten chapters ago. he'll get more spotlight later on in the book.

does the book feel like it's just dragging?

and thanks for getting me to 300k i'm damn near there in a month like i'm really amazed at how fast this shits going. to all my loyal readers i love you 💕😞 it's been a long ride

i have a new book out, torn so if you aren't doing shit then go freak w it.

i got some more chapters on the way, so if you see my name all in yo notifications 😬