𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍.

"Genie, I'm sorry foreal," Kojo said sticking the key into the ignition, he was irritated and I didn't blame him

I was pissed off too.

That was real life disrespectful who does shit like that? I knew it wasn't a good idea but they ain't gotta worry about seeing me ever again.

I just looked ahead, didn't even wanna say anything. I was afraid I'd snap at him when he didn't do anything. In that moment I was shocked cause no stranger has ever talked funky to me.

Thinking they'd just ask me a thousand questions and I went in there to get disrespected.

And I'm not finna sit here and worry about what they think. I know who I am and I could care less about they ratchet ass opinion.

Kojo was sitting up straight just focusing on the road and I just kept my head on the window. Little pellets of rain beginning to fall, tapping against the car.

"I gotta handle some shit," he said looking down at his phone, pulling up into the Citgo, parking far from the store doors. "Then I'a take you home,"

"Okay," I breathed out resting my eyes as he parked, lighting up a blunt and turning his music up. "I ain't been scared to die since 16. Been off Adderall and big dreams. So I can't find a time to get sleep. No, I can't these. Name hotter than fish grease,"

He rapped along to the music bobbing his head and pulling fat clouds of smoke filling the car.

I pulled my phone out and went to Snapchat, holding the screen so I could steal this damn song. He always played shit I didn't know.

"Been prepared for the worst since a juvenile," he shook his head, moving the blunt as he vibed to the song. "You smoke?"

"Nah," I spoke softly shaking my head.

The smell of weed was so fye to me but I never liked the idea of smoking anything. I could drink whenever but I hated the feeling like I'm suffocating.

I know that's backwards as hell but it was just how shit was for me. I wasn't really a heavy drinker either my daddy being an alcoholic was not gonna rub off on me.

I didn't use anything to cope, I liked to take shit for what it was. Never used a drug to try and solve my problems I was too grown for that shit.

The best way out of a fucked up situation is to just leave. Running away was my coping mechanism.

There was a knock on Kojo's window, he rolled down the window. There was a short dark skinned man, he was looking rough with his torn jacket. Looked like he hadn't showered in years.

"You still got that shit?" He said looking all in the car, his eyes getting all wide.

"Stay wit' it. How much you need?" Kojo said putting the blunt between his lips.

"I need a gram," he relaxed in his spot, scanning around the damn near empty gas station.

"You know that shits 75 right?" Kojo said putting his hand down at his arm rest and back up at the guy.

"Man, I know how much that shit cost," dude said smacking his lips and slapping his fist against his hand casually.

"Nah, cause last time you tried to get this shit for 25. My shit pure, I ain't these fraudulent ass niggas," Kojo kept his eyes on the man.

"I ain't say you was Koolie, you know I fuh witchu,"

"It's 75," he said raising up the whole arm rest, a stash full of drugs underneath it. Thinking this man only sold weed but he had everything.

Whatever you needed, he had it and I'm sure this ain't even the half.

The man gave Kojo bawled up dollar bills, he opened it up to make sure he had the right amount of money. He nodded his head, tossing it into his secret stash and handing the man a gram of white powder.

"Aight, thea you go," he dropped it in his hand.

"Good lookin out. She for sale too?" He winked over at me, making me turn my face up.

"Nah nigga, this my damn girl. Get the fuck out my face 'fore I run over yo' crackheaded ass," he shook his head before switching gears, pulling off fast in front of him.

He fixed his hidden stash back to how it was as he drove, looking over at me. "You going back to Rocky's? Lemme know what you tryna do 'fore I head to the crib,"

"I wanna go witchu," I watched him as I raised up in my seat. Holding my elbow up on the door.

"My shit a little dirty, gone help me clean up?" He chuckled and flicked through songs on his phone.

"Yeah, I got you," I flashed a smile.

Kojo lived here in Atlanta, he didn't wanna be too far from his granny. Marietta was just a good forty five minutes away and he made that drive everyday.

We pulled up to some modern looking apartments, he parked and grabbed everything he needed out his car.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the door on my side. I followed behind him, his strong arm going around my waist keeping me close to him.

"Gotta keep you in my sight," he said kissing my forehead for a long period of time. He led me up a few flights of stairs before we made it to his apartment.

His house smelled like black ice and for it to be dirty, I couldn't tell. No dishes in the sink, nothing on the ground, and he kept his shit in order from what I could tell.

"This is nice," I complimented his house.

"Preciate it baby," he smirked picking up some things in his bedroom, trying to straighten up a little bit.

After getting settled, he handed me a Tupac t-shirt of his. I changed out of my clothes, throwing the shirt on watching it fall down mid thigh.

I pulled my thick lashes from my tired eyes, laying them on his sink while I ran warm water on my wash cloth.

I applied the damp rag onto my face, sighing deeply. He had a hamper in the bathroom, I tossed it in there and went back into his room.

He was breaking some weed down with his fingers into a swisher.

"You finna smoke again?" I raised my eyebrow, pulling his blanket and sheets back.

"Yeah, that a problem witchu? I'll smoke on the balcony if I need to." He said turning back at me.

"Oh nah, didn't know you smoked like that," I shrugged my shoulders and sat down on the bed.

"Just calms my nerves, really don't be smoking like that but that shit wit' my mama pissed me off. She ain't ever came at nobody like that," he started, using saliva to seal his blunt. "You took that shit like a G,"