S1 Episode 3- Poker, Faith, and Eggs

Thank you too bxox_1867  for motivating me to keep writing this book xx
George is rushed to the emergency room; Meemaw comes to baby-sit; the kids have an adventure getting to the hospital on their own.
———————————
How is this happening?..... What's going on?...
Chest pains?.... all too familiar... Being rushed to the hospital? Somethings not right... ugh! Why can't I figure this out? Was all that was going through your head. You had just got the call from Mary saying to come over because George was having chest pains and needed to go to the hospital. Connie was going to be there as well, Mary wanted someone for the sake of Georgie to be there when all this was unravelled to him. Georgie had the closest bond with his farther and their relationship was something he had above the twins. For him, his farther was the closest and most similar to him. As soon as she got there Connie was already assuring the twins their dad was fine, saying that their grandad got chest pains all the time. Only for Sheldon to gently... remind her he died of a heart attack.
Y/n: Hey, Mary said to stay the night today. So what do you guys wanna do? I brought my new game boy, and Missy I brought my make up if you wanna be a princess?
Connie: I'll pass, see what liquor your parents have.
Sheldon: I would like to try that new game boy out, at radio shack they say it's good. I'd like to give it my personal review.
Missy: Ok, but go more neutral don't want to over do it.
Y/n let out a small chuckle as she handed Sheldon her gameboy and sat next to Missy and showed her a variety of lip sticks and then told her to choose an eye shadow.

When Georgie arrived back home he was confused to see Y/n and Connie but no parents. Sheldon intrigued on something that belonged to Y/n and Missy being pampered by Y/n and telling her about her day. He immediately asked what was going on. Something felt off and he didn't like it.
Georgie: what the hell is going on here?
Sheldon: Dad was rushed to the hospital so Meemaw and Y/n came around.
Georgie: What?! Dad's at the hospital why aren't we there with him? We need to-
Connie: eh eh eh, your mother don't want ya going so your staying.
Georgie: Screw this.
And the teenage boy stormed off to his room and slammed the door. Y/n sighed finishing Missy's lipstick before going to his room and knocking on the door.
Georgie: Go away!
Y/n: Georgie, it's me! Please open the door.
The door slowly opened and revealed a sad Georgie. She wrapped her arms around him immediately and he did the same burying his face into her hair.
Y/n: Hey, it's gonna be ok. Your Dad's as strong as a horse!
Georgie: I hope your right.
Y/n: Hey, look at me...
Georgie slowly lifted his head and Y/n could see the sadness and worry in his eyes, she smiled softly.
Y/n: Your Dad is one of the strongest people I know, and so are you. It's who you get it from, all he needs is probably a few tests done than he'll be the same guy everyone's knows and loves.
He smiled back before releasing the hug and walking over to talk to his Grandma. You sighed but noticed a picture frame on his bed and saw it was Georgie, his Dad and you. George was holding the trophy whilst you were on Georgie's shoulders and you both were laughing and smiling. That's was a great day and you had the exact same picture on your bedside table in your home. Y/n sighed and smiled before closing the door and going back to finish patching up Missy.

The twins were in bed talking whilst Y/n and Georgie were in his room, Y/n was on her side 'asleep' whilst Georgie was just staring at the ceiling still dressed on top of the covers. He decided he had enough of waiting and went to the twins room.
Georgie: I'm going so see dad, you guys wanna come?
Sheldon: How? Meemaw said we have to stay here. What about Y/n?
Georgie: You wanna go or not? Y/n has been looking after you guys all night she's asleep.
The twins looked at each other before getting out of bed, dressed and followed him. They went out side and shushed each other except Missy who had no one to shush. Georgie stole Connie's car keys.
Sheldon: What are you doing?
Georgie: I'm driving to the hospital, you can come with me or stay here. Up to you.
Missy: I'm coming.
They both looked at Sheldon who didn't give a visible answer.
Georgie: Sheldon?
Sheldon: Your 14 you don't know how to drive.
Georgie: I drove a tractor at 4-h camp it's the same thing.
Sheldon: But you sat on the farmers lap.
Georgie: Then stay here, come on Missy.
The two went to the car whilst Sheldon hesitated. Before running inside grabbing some things before going into Georgie's room and grabbing his helmet but waking up Y/n in the process.
Y/n: Sheldon? What the hell? Where's Georgie?
Sheldon: He's driving us to the Hospital, you can come if you want.
Y/n: no way I'm letting him drive, give me a minute.
Sheldon walked out the room grabbing pillows and 1 minute later Y/n walked out in leggings and the same football jersey (that belonged to Georgie) she was wearing to sleep.
Y/n: Come on, I'm not letting you guys die yet.
They both ran out to the car with Sheldon climbing in the backseat.
Georgie: What the hell are you doing?
Y/n: Missy back seat, You passengers now.
Georgie: What?! Your gonna drive, since when can you drive?
Y/n: I drive my brothers back from parties a lot.
Georgie: wha-
Y/n: I'm not waiting any longer.
They all switched positions and Y/n started the engine, she was driving fine until Georgie started questioning her and she hit a few things causing her to flick his head as a 'shut up'. They finally got there after Connie and the twins immediately went up to hug their mother and Georgie just deadpanned asked to see his Dad and the twins agreed saying they'd see him soon. Y/n sat down next to Connie and sighed.
Connie: Hard time?
Y/n: you have No clue.
Mary eventually went to go check on George and Connie told us off before Sheldon went to wash his hands, he came back and Mary let all the kids go see their Dad whilst Y/n leaned on the doorframe of the hospital room softly smiling.