S1 Episode 5: A Solar Calculator, a Game Ball, and a Cheerleader's Bosom

Description: Sheldon struggles with newfound popularity after utilizing statistics to help the football team.
—————————
Currently in the home of the Cooper's, everyone was sat in the living room starring intently at the football match on their Tv as Sheldon sat on the couch with his book next to Mary who was next to Connie. George was on the arm chair with his beer bottle whilst Missy was sat on her knees behind her Brother and Y/n who was sat between Georgie's legs with her back pressed against his chest. They all (except Mary and Sheldon) shouted at the Tv when one of the played failed to get the ball.
Connie: I don't care if you win, just cover the damn spread!
Mary: Mom are you betting again?
Connie: No. 
Y/n: I can't believe this game! If they cover the damn spread I'll eat my fist and give Connie 10 bucks.
Connie smiled as Mary looked at her disbelief crossed on her face.
Connie: She's not your child, you can't tell her what to do.
Georgie: Forth down
George: Gotta punt
Missy: Gotta
Mary shrugged and reluctantly let it go as Sheldon decided to pipe up.
Sheldon: Statistically punting in forth down makes no sense.
Georgie: Statistically your a dumbass.
Mary: Hey!
Mary snapped as Y/n hit his chest.
Georgie: What?
He said to Y/n but she just shook her head and slouched back into his chest.
Sheldon: When the aggies give up the ball on the 5th yard line, the opposing team has a 92% of scoring. When they punt from deep in their own territory the other team still has a 72% chance of scoring. But since they convert on forth down 50% of the time, the maths says they should never punt again.
Sheldon went back to his book leaving everyone to think about it confused trying to reassure themselves that it wasn't that and Sheldon doesn't know football I mean he complains about it any chance he gets he doesn't even like football...
Connie whispered to Mary asking who his really daddy is and Mary rolled her eyes and shook it off.
George: Sheldon, I've been playing coach all my life, I don't think your math is right.
Sheldon: Really?.... hang on..... No it's right.
————————————
Y/n Pov:

It was the next day and I hadn't gone to the Cooper's that mornin to drive to school because my Dad has the mornin off so he offered to take me. So when I got to school I didn't expect to get the longer than usual complaint about Sheldon, this one was actually getting to him bad. Now I've said it before but George means a lot to Georgie, it's the one thing he has above Sheldon and Missy and they've got a strong bond.
Georgie: You wouldn't believe it! My Dad is actually thinking about doing it, I know he is, I saw it.
Y/n: but everyone knows you punt on forth down?
Georgie: Thats what I said! Guess what Sheldon said. "Why does everybody knowing something make it right?". I mean come on!
Y/n: ...
Georgie: Y/n? Your not seriously on his si-
Y/n: No! Of corse not but... I'm not saying the little brainiac is right but he's got a point. Why does everyone knowing something make it right? All I'm saying is don't worry about it, we'll win the game with or without Sheldon. We always have right?
Georgie: Yeah...
Y/n: Exactly! I'll see you at the game!
I called out to Georgie as the bell went and I went to the girls changing rooms.
————————————————-
We were confused as Coach Cooper (as I had to call him in school) ordered the team to go for it.
Cheerleader 1: What are they doing?
Cheerleader 2: Going for it? Are they idiots? Everyone knows you punt on forth down!
Y/n: Why does everyone knowing something make it right?
They both went silent thinking over what I just said, we were currently sitting on the bench waiting for a cue or something for us to start cheering again. They went for it and......... it didn't work. Everyone groaned and complained whilst I leant forward and rested my head on my fists that were clenching each other from anticipation.
Cheerleader 1: Like she said! Everyone knows you punt on for-
Announcer: Their going for it again!
I grinned to myself as the other cheerleaders looked in disbelief at the Coach's choices. Don't fail us now Sheldon....
I felt a sudden rush as the boys were able to get the ball pass their defence, everyone started leaning forward and whispering under their breath praying for the boys to make it through. We all started to rise a little bit out of our seats when they started closing in on the goal and....... they did it... they did it!...... Son of a bitch, they did it!
Everyone was going wild and the crowd was screaming, shouting and cheering their lungs out. I put my hands over my mouth in shock and disbelief but I was so surprised! I cheered and celebrated with the other cheerleaders.
B/f/n: I can't believe that! How'd the coach know that?
Y/n: Actually, it is known that if a punt is made from deep in their own territory the opposite team still has a 77% chance of scoring.
B/f/n: How the hell do you know that?
Y/n: Georgie's little brother, 9yr old, small. Carries round a suitcase?...
B/f/n: Oh yep. Little genius he is, smarter than I'll ever be.
Y/n: agreed.
———————————————
Normal pov:
For the next five weeks Sheldon continued to help the football team with his statistics and to everyone (except him, his family and Y/n's) surprise they kept winning. Which changed his reputation in school dramatically, when he walked through the halls people would yell his name, call him nicknames which he'll never like or want. But most annoying and horrifying to Sheldon was all the physical contact, constant high fives, pats on back even being picked up and spun much to his displeasure. His Father started to pamper him more and interact with Sheldon, but Sheldon was not amused or happy in the slightest when they kept him from doing his home work.
——————————
Y/n: Georgie I understand your upset about Sheldon but do we need to have the music so loud?
Georgie: I don't care about Sheldon, also leave my music alone. It's not that loud!
Y/n: Georgie! I'm shouting to be able to have a conversation with you!
As soon as she said that the door swung open to reveal Mary.
Mary: Georgie! Turn down that down and stop shouting! And look at this room. You need to clean up.
Georgie: I'll get to it later
Mary: No, you'll get to it now.
Georgie: I don't feel like it.
Mary: Well your feelings have nothing to do with it and stop throwing that ball.
Georgie: If my room bothers you that much, you clean it.
Y/n: Oh lord
Mary: That's it! You are grounded! You hear me?! Y/n go home!
Georgie: The hell!?
Y/n: Great, bye Georgie.
Georgie: Bye
—————————————
This mess all ended up with Sheldon getting a B+ on his test and tattling on everyone, Sheldon no longer helps out with the games, Georgie's grounded and Meemaw failed a bet and no longer asks Sheldon to help with her bets.

Area51Agent- Sorry for not updating I got no excuses and just wanted to apologise. I'm not discontinuing this book so don't worry, have a nice day!