~Prologue pt. 1~

As soon as I stepped out of my car, the wail of sirens filled my head. Helicopters roared over the tall building I now stood in front of. At the very top was the center of the commotion. Flashes of red and blue accompanied with shouting drowned out the usual city ambiance of Detroit I had grown accustom to.

I sighed heavily and straightened my police jacket. It seemed like only seconds ago I had received the call to a hostage situation involving a deviant and a small girl. I wasn't fully sure of what they needed me for. The SWAT were swarming the building like a horde of flies and it seemed like they had a handle on it. But I showed up anyway. I had to do my job.

I headed into the building and found the elevator. I pressed the 70th floor and waited as the doors closed in front of me. Inside, it was eerily silent. I wasn't sure what to expect when I arrived at the final floor but I had to be ready. Once the door opened, I could see a guard standing by it. He snapped his head up when he heard the elevator open and turned towards me. He then reached to the mic on his chest and spoke into it. He spoke so lowly I wasn't sure what he said. I stepped out and took a look at the hallway. It was dark. Only lit by a brilliantly illuminated fish tank. There was a table to my right and I looked at the contents. Photographs and standard decorations. One photo stood out to me. It was a family portrait. Mother, father, and daughter. I smiled lightly and replaced it. The little girl in the photo was the one we had to save. I began to take another step but I heard the elevator return behind me. Curious, I turned around. The doors opened once more and revealed something I wasn't expecting. There was a man standing there, very straight and stern. However I noticed right away the standard android jacket and the LED embedded into his forehead. Along with his presence was a faint blue glow.

The guard at the door reached for his mic once again and spoke into it, "Negotiator is here. I repeat the negotiator is on the scene." He then walked past me and disappeared around the corner. I was now alone with the android. He stepped out of the elevator and made eye contact with me, beginning to approach.

The android walked with fluidity I'd never seen in a human. His looks were also too good to be human. His face was perfect. The features resting on it were sculpted and his skin was smooth. A few moles were scattered across his face as well. His eyes were a warm chocolate brown. They looked so real. The word "attractive" came to mind when I looked at him. Cyberlife really knew how to make them appealing.

"Hello, my name is Connor. I'm the android sent by Cyberlife." he said. His voice was also quite attractive. It was comforting and low. I held out my hand and he took it as I introduced myself.

"(Y/n) (l/n). Detective." I said. We let go and I watched as he surveyed the hallway, most likely scanning. He glanced at the same photo I'd looked at not too long ago and then moved on. He headed over to the fish tank. On the ground was a colorful fish lying in a pool of water. I hadn't noticed it before. Connor knelt down and looked at it. I expected him to leave it but to my surprise he picked it up and placed it back in the tank. His LED flashed yellow for a moment and then returned to the calm blue. I smiled to myself but the moment was interrupted by a woman's scream.

"You have to do something!" I snapped to attention and watched as a distressed woman escorted by a SWAT officer came around the corner. "Save my daughter!" she cried.

I glanced at Connor to see if he had a reaction but he remained silent and unphased. The woman spotted Connor and threw herself onto him. "Please you have to save her!" Connor was motionless and rather awkward. She looked up at his face and her distress turned into horror. Her eyes were locked on his LED. "Y-you're sending an android?" The woman took a step back and gave him a once over. She slowly grew more frantic and angry, "You're sending that thing!!" she pointed sharply as the guard began to grasp her arm and pull her away. "WHY DON'T YOU SEND A REAL PERSON!" she screamed. Then she locked eyes with me, "SEND HER!" The guard dragged her away and as soon as she had arrived, she was gone. Connor and I had remained silent the whole time. I let out a short breath and turned back around to continue on. Connor followed quietly and quickly behind me.

Around the corner was chaos. Armored men were everywhere and the place itself was a mess. Things were broken and thrown. A body of a man could be found in the living room on a bed of broken glass. It seemed as though all hell had broken loose. Blood and bodies: a sight I had seen so often yet never really grew used to.

Who I could guess was Captain Allen was off to the side, away from the bustle. He spoke authoritatively with commands and strategies. Connor walked past me and towards him.

"Captain, my name is Connor. I'm the android sent by Cyberlife." He introduced. However Captain Allen showed no interest. He simply ignored the android and continued to talk to an officer. Connor paused before trying again with another question but got no response once more. I decided to walk closer in case it was necessary to intervene. As I got closer, I could hear him speak,

"...if he falls, she falls." As the captain said that, he turned and looked at Connor. Then his eyes drifted past him and to me. I seemed to be far more pleasing to talk to than the android because the captain stood upright and directed his body to me. 

"I'll talk to him okay?" I told the android. Connor looked at me with hesitation before nodding. I returned my focus to the human and waited for him to give me the rundown.

"I have my men surrounding the deviant but it's risky. It has a gun on the kid and is dangerously close to jumping." He explained. I cursed under my breath and folded my arms. "It's already shot a few good men." I frowned as he spoke about the deviant however I had no time to argue. As he spoke, a gunshot rang out. There was more shouting and suddenly a wounded man was being dragged away. I sighed in frustration and turned back to the captain. A few loose strands of my (h/c) hair were falling in my face. I pushed them out of the way and thought deeply. Then captain Allen opened his mouth to say something, his eyes slightly behind me. "What's with the piece of plastic?" He asked, somewhat bitter. I shrugged and he let it go.

Connor had gone to check other rooms for more evidence so I was on my own. Not that I would need him. Hell, I didn't even know why Cyberlife sent the damn thing. Maybe they were test running something. I closed my eyes for a minute to help myself relax. Then a scream ripped me back into reality. I approached the sliding glass doors to the large "backyard" like balcony where the deviant and hostage were. Guards at the entrance handed me a bullet proof vest and a gun. The cold heavy metal in my hand sent a chill through me but I gritted my teeth and shoved it into an empty holster.

"Where is the negotiator?" One asked. I looked around and couldn't find Connor. I told them I didn't know and they paused before nodding. "Maybe you can try." They said. My eyes widened but before I had a chance to think, I found myself stepping outside. I took in a shaky breath. No matter how many times I could be thrown into a dangerous situation where I could possibly die, it will never be simple and easy. If you feel no fear, you may not be human.

I was now outside. I was in full view of the deviant and the whole situation. He wasn't looking in my direction but rather up at the deafening helicopters. The girl in his arms was squirming. Her knees were bloody and bruised. The young features on her face were contorted in terror adorned with streaks of tears. Barely audible were her cries for help. My heart rate picked up speed but I remained level headed. This was real. She could die. I could die. And it was up to us to save her.

~~
a/n
~~
okay those of you who know the story line for Detroit become human obviously know how this whole scene ends but I had to cut it off otherwise it would be a way to long chapter.
:P