Chapter 4: In the Station

(long chapter)

~Connor Pov~

I opened my eyes and found myself in a warm light. I was outside but not like Detroit. My surroundings were green and lush. There were thriving flowers everywhere and the pathways were a pristine white marble. A zen garden.

I began to walk forward through the garden. The scenery would be pleasant for humans, I assumed, but that was not what I was focusing on at the moment. It was a little ways before I found her, standing in front of a trellis covered in roses. 

"Hello Amanda." I said to get her attention. The woman turned around and looked at me. She carried power and authority with every step, movement, and glance of the eye. One might describe her as intimidating. She glanced me over before responding,

"Hello Connor. It's good to see you." Amanda turned away once more and began to spray her roses with water, "Congrats Connor. Finding that deviant was far from easy and the way you interrogated it was remarkably clever. You've been remarkably efficient, Connor." 

I gave her a nod, "Thank you Amanda." 

"We've asked the DPD to transfer it to us for further study. It may teach us something about what happened." She paused before continuing. I waited patiently. "The interrogation seemed challenging. What did you think of the deviant?" Amanda asked. I though about it for a moment,

"I prevented it from being damaged... with the help of (Y/n)... so we still might learn something by analyzing it. It said something to me: The truth is inside. I don't know what that means. Unless it was just another error in its program." 

"You mentioned Detective (L/n), what do you think of her?" Amanda asked me slowly. It seems as though she was mildly suspicious. 

"Detective (L/n) takes her job very seriously and is not afraid to show authority. She is respectful and compromising. It also appears that she enjoys working with me which is an added bonus." 

𝙎𝙤𝙛𝙩𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙮 ^^

Amanda frowned but said nothing about it, "And this... Lieutenant Anderson has been officially assigned to the deviancy cases along with her. What do you make of him?" 

"I think he's irritable and socially challenged. But I also think he used to be a good detective. He's an intriguing character." I answered honestly. Amanda faced towards me sternly, not afraid to show her distaste for Lieutenant Anderson, 

"Unfortunately, we have no choice but to work with him. What do you think is the best approach?"

"I will adapt to his and (Y/n)'s personalities. It is in the best interest of the investigation that I avoid conflict and try to accommodate Anderson's psychology." 

Amanda seemed disappointed to hear this but again didn't continue to ask questions, "More and more androids show signs of deviancy. There are millions in circulation. If they become unstable, the consequences will be disastrous. You are the most advanced prototype Cyberlife has ever created. If anyone can figure out what's happening, it's you."

"You can count on me Amanda." I said. 

"Hurry Connor. There is little time." She said. 

I closed my eyes and when I opened them again, I was outside the Detroit police station. I walked inside and approached the android at the front desk.