It's You

Mae's POVI curled the last bit of my hair and looked at the mirror

Mae's POV
I curled the last bit of my hair and looked at the mirror. It's been about a month since the hula festival and since then the guys have been away on their For U tour. Chance and the kids are coming back tonight since Keone spent the night at Brooklyn's last night. I'm not gonna lie, I do miss them but it's really nice not to have them on my back lately. I swear ever since we got back from the hospital they have been following me around like a puppy dog, ESPECIALLY Chance. Don't get me wrong at first it was nice and really sweet but now it's just kind of overbearing. I was taking a shower one time and he stood outside of the bathroom the ENTIRE TIME because he was worried that I would faint. Even when he was on tour, he's been calling me at least 2-3 times a day to make sure that I haven't died. I fix my makeup as I hear my phone ring.

Speak of the devil.

"Hello?" I say with my voice getting slightly higher at the end.

"Mae I *hiccup* need your *hiccup* help"

"What's wrong?"

"I *hiccup* have the hic*hiccup*cups" he said rubbing his chest.

Bro really, THIS is why he called me? You know what, I could have fun with this.

"Try pulling on your tongue" I say trying to keep a straight face.

"Seriously? *hiccup*"

"Seriously, try it"

"Like this?" He said pulling his tongue out.

"No you have to pull it out more dude."

"Like this?" I take a screenshot and started bust out laughing.

His face fell as soon as he realized that he had fallen for my trick.

"Mae that was so rude" He pouted.

"Hey but you don't have the hiccups anymore, so you're welcome" I giggle as he rolls his eyes.

"You guys still at the airport?"

"Yeah we're just getting ready to take off. Did you remember to take your medication?" I mentally groan as he asks that.

"Yes dad, remember you were on the phone with me when I took it" He glared at me as I rolled my eyes and shook his head.

"Mae, I'm just trying to look out for you" He sighed.

"I know Chance, but you don't have to call me 2-3 times a day. I'm an adult, I can take care of myself."

"I know that Mae, that's not what I meant. You know this is the first time that we were been apart since I was on boyband, but even then you had my mom and sisters to take care of you. But now you're on your own so I was just worried that something might've happened while I'm gone." He looks down and mumbles something but I couldn't really hear the rest.

"Hey look at me, everything is gonna be okay. I'm fine, I'm getting ready right now and I'll pick them up when I get out of the meeting"

"Oh yeah today's your meeting with some music executives right? Are you excited?"