Stars Collide

Mae's POV

Tom and I ended up going to Starbucks for some coffee. Well, he got coffee, I got iced tea. We started talking about why I was running away and I'm not sure why but I told him. Not the whole truth but just enough to tell him that I don't want to go back. We talked some more and found out that have a lot in common. We both have a dancing background but he is more classical and he's from London! Not to mention he's pretty cute and really sweet. I'm not sure why he's wearing sunglasses and a hoodie but I decided not to question it since it was pretty chilly out anyway. We were having a great conversation until I realized that I didn't have my phone so I called it and found out that I left it at the recording studio.

"Yes I'll be there, thank you so much for understanding" I sigh and hang up the phone.

"Was that the music executives?"

"How did yo-"

"I overheard the word studio, sorry I didn't mean to eavesdrop"

"No, you're okay! I'm sorry to ask but is it okay if I call myself an uber? I'll pay you back as soon as I can"

"Of course!" I smile as I request an uber.

10 minutes, perfect.

"Did they still want to record the song?" Parker asks snapping me back to reality.

"Oh yeah, the band leaves for Asia soon so they want to try and get some of the vocals done tonight. I wish I could stay longer but I've already messed up with them today and this is a huge opportunity. Besides, I really have to go get my phone back" I sigh, knowing that I'll have to see Jonah again.

"What's the matter??" He gives me a puzzling look.

"Oh sorry Parker, yeah I'm fine"

"Mae, I know I haven't known you long, but my mum taught me that when a woman says they're fine, they're really not fine. So please Mae," He smiles lightly at me and grabs my hand lightly "what's going on in that pretty little head of yours?"

"It's complicated" I explain.

Part of me wants to tell Parker but I've already put him through enough today. The last thing this guy needs is a random girl crying about how the father of her child pops backing her life after four years. TRUST ME! I'm doing him a huge favor.

"I see, I know there's a lot you're not telling me but that's okay. I just hope one day you'll be comfortable enough to tell me" he smiles and I feel my heart skip a beat.

"Will there be a next time?"

"I sure hope so, otherwise I just embarrassed myself in front of a pretty girl"

"You think I'm pretty?"

"No, I think you're beautiful." We look into each other's eyes for a moment and I swear the more I look at him, he begins to look more and more familiar.

It feels almost as if we had met before. God, I probably sound crazy right now, I'm glad I didn't say that out loud. The moment was cut short by the sound of his phone notifying that my uber had arrived.

"My uber is here. I'm so sorry I wish I could stay, but I really have to go"

"No, I understand! Go on or you'll be late!"

"Thank you for understanding! I'll see you around Parker!"

Tom's POV

"Mae!" I call out as she turns around.

I swear it was like a scene from a movie. Her hair blew in the light LA breeze, we met each other's gaze and her pearly whites shined through the gloomy day.