Chapter 1- "unexpected encounter"

(edited)
Y/N's POV
I pushed the door to my apartment open, as soon as I entered my dimly lit room I flopped onto my bed, tired from work today. I'm a busboy at a company that makes coffee, and let me tell you it isn't easy.

I sighed as I realized I had to go make myself dinner, but stood up tiptoeing all the way to the kitchen, since my feet hurt so bad. I made myself some macaroni and cheese, and slowly ate it. The second my dog heard me stand up and put my dish in the sink he jumped up at me.

"Buddy! Please, can we just skip the walk today? I'm so tired!" I exclaimed, hoping for pity. The golden retriever walked away slowly, his head slumped down. I sighed in relief, but a second later he returned happily holding his leash in his mouth. "You truly have no heart." I joked. Buddy just wagged his tail even more.

"Fine!" I sighed, as I put his leash on him and walked out the door. We walked for a while, looking around at the snow, enjoying the white landscape. Yes, it was cold and it was probably a bad idea to go out in a thin sweater, especially taking in mind that I live in Wisconsin. Even though it was cold, I let Buddy drag me around as he enjoyed himself in his walk.

Out of nowhere Buddy started running and jumped onto a girl, who was sitting on a bench, shivering. "Buddy!" I yelled running after him. He started licking her face, and she smiled and laughed. "Oh, I'm so sorry miss!" I told the girl as I shooed Buddy off of her lap.

"No, it's okay! I was a bit cold, so he warmed me up. Yes you did, yes you did!" She said in a cute voice looking down at Buddy. She finally looked up at me, her brown eyes glittering in the bright street light. Her eyes, were a bit red, and her mascara seemed a bit messed up as if she had been crying.

"Are you okay, Miss?" I asked, as she continued to pet the dog. "Yeah, I'm fine." She reassured, a few minutes passed as she played with Buddy for a while.

"Well, I should get going." She exclaimed, placing her hands on her thighs to help her up. "Yeah, me too. It's getting late."

She smiled, and took a couple steps before falling to the ground after only 2 or 3, crashing into the snow. I ran to her, Buddy chasing after me.

"Miss! Are you okay?" I asked, holding her head in my arms. I felt her face, she was cold as ice. I quickly took out my phone and dialed 911. After explaining the situation, the ambulance come over. They quickly placed her on a stretcher and got her onto the ambulance. I tried to get on but one of the nurses stopped me.

"I'm sorry, sir. Only family can come with her, for safety reasons."

"I'm her brother." I blurted, and he skeptically let me on. Even though that was the biggest lie I've told in my life, this girl sparked my interests I couldn't leave without finding out what happened and if she's okay.

The ambulance started driving rapidly, and it was hard to stay on my feet at the speed it was going.

"Here, press these against her hands." The doctor told me, as he handed me some heating pads.

I did as I was told, until I saw some black ink peeking through the side of the heating pad.

It said 'It's all your fault'.