Chapter 22- "barking"

(not edited)
Y/N's POV
I walked up to the front desk of the hotel, leaving Mina to look at the various paintings on the walls of the hotel lobby.

"Hi, what can I do for you?" The lady behind the desk asked, looking up from her computer screen.

"Hi, could we book a room for tonight and tomorrow night.."

"Sure thing, any specific requests?"

"Uhh.. can the room have two beds please?"

"I'm sorry, sir. Our last room with two beds was booked a couple minutes ago.."

"That's fine.. we'll make it work out." I assured her, passing her my credit card, after the fast transaction she gave me a key with a tag that read room 12. "Thank you."

I folded my coat over my lower arm, walking over to Mina, attracting her attention by jingling the keys. "Let's head to our room."

I looked around the dimly lit, cabin-like, hotel. It had a very homey feel to it, making you feel warm inside.. I hope staying here makes Mina feel better.

I looked down at her as she smiled unknowingly when she found our room. "Finally, we can get some rest.. I'm beat."

"Me too." I sighed, as we entered the room. It was very pretty but like the lady had said there was only one bed, plopped in the middle of the wooden room. I didn't pay much attention to it since I had already known while Mina's jaw was opened.

"Why are you so calm?!" Mina asked, looking from the bed to me, I didn't reply, locking myself in the bathroom to take a shower. "YAH- KIM Y/N! You knew about this didn't you?!? You probably thought you were smooth doing this, and wanted try something. You did this on purpose."

I laughed at her accusations, while rubbing shampoo into my hair, always jumping to conclusions.

"ARE YOU LAUGHING?!? YOU PERVERT.."

"I am not! I knew about it, but I'm not going to do anything.. Who do you think I am?!? Plus, we've slept in the same bed already so what's the difference?" I had to yell so she would hear me from outside.

"Yeah, but last time you were crippled."

I sighed. "I- I don't know what to reply to that.." I picked up the body wash bottle. "But I guess you just have to trust me."

AUTHOR's POV
"We did it boss.." The blonde haired girl spoke as her brother walked in behind her, a grin on both of their faces.

"Did you get out of there without any trace?"

They both nodded, Baek Hyeon taking off his ski mask and shoving it in his pocket, while his sister Rose carefully folded it.

Han-Seok slid a stack of bills across the table in their direction. "Good Job. If I ever need you two again, I'll give you a call."

They nodded, leaving him to his thoughts.

When they were far enough from the old warehouse, he had asked to meet him at, Baek Hyeon pulled her sister's sleeve, getting her attention.

"Rosè.. My sweater.. I had it before we went to do the job.. and now I don't." He told her, drops of sweat starting to form on his forehead.

"WHAT?!?" She whisper-yelled back to him, pushing her hair back in frustration. "YOU ABSOLUTE MORON!"

Rosè started walking away, leaving Baek Hyeon confused. "WALK! We can't leave evidence that will incriminate us.. we have to go back."

He ran after her. "But isn't it too risky to go back?"

"BUt iSn'T iT tOo RiSky tO gO bAcK?" She replied in a mocking tone, looking back at him. "Of course it is you dirty cotton swab, but some genius decided to tie their jacket our their waist so it fell off. Guess who that genius is?"

SOHEE's POV
I looked at Buddy, who was laying down by my feet on top of my blanket. Did Y/N actually mean what he had said? At this point, taking in mind how he's been acting I wouldn't doubt it..

I was there for Y/N when his mom died, and I always help him no matter how busy I am or how tired I am, yet this girl comes by after doing nothing for Y/N.. and all of a sudden he's head over heals for her..

As all these new thoughts were bombarding me, the softness of my bed and the warmth of my blanket started to envelope me, an my eyelids started to get heavy. And I didn't even notice when I fell asleep.

...

I groggily opened my eyes, they burned from lack of sleep, Buddy's barking hurting my ears. I squinted as I looked at the clock beside me, it read 3 AM. I rubbed my eyes, as I tried to make sense of the situation.

"Buddy what's wrong?" I asked the dog who was scratching the door that led into the hallway and barking while looking at the wall that was the side Y/N's apartment was on. "Do you miss Y/N or something?" I asked looking around for any signs of an intruder in my apartment, but nothing seemed out of place.

He probably just misses Y/N, I thought, shrugging off the fact that even though I had taken care of him many times he'd never done this.

I went to lay down again when he started barking again, only this time louder. "Shut up, Buddy! I'm trying to sleep!" I groaned, pressing my pillow against my ears.

Yet he didn't stop and at this point, I was more awake than ever so I figured I could take him out on a walk.. to see if that's what he wanted.

I grabbed his leash but he was moving around and fidgeting to the point where it was impossible, all he was worried about was whatever he was barking at, I sighed, setting his leash down, as I opened the door for him.

The first thing he did was run to the door of Y/N's apartment, jumping onto it, and surprisingly it flew open, meaning it had already been unlocked, which is weird because Y/N is super paranoid about things like this, I'm pretty sure he would've locked it.

My thoughts were interrupted when Buddy's growling was replaced with whimpering.

"Buddy?"