Chapter 23- "is everything okay?"

(not edited)
SOHEE's POV
"Buddy?" I yelled out again hoping for the dog to come running to me this time, but the room was still. I had to go find him, Y/N had trusted me with him, I have to go inside.

I took a deep breath, gathering all my courage, before pushing the door open a bit further and stepping in. Everything is going to be okay, I'll just go inside get Buddy and leave. It's that simple.

"Hello? Buddy?" I called out as I walked through the destroyed house, I felt an odd feeling like someone was in the apartment with me, but I brushed it off.

I heard the floor creaking a feet few behind me, so I turned around, startled by the sudden noise, but it was almost pitch dark in here and I could barely make out the silhouettes of things.

"Buddy, come here boy~" I called to him, desperately now because I kept hearing the floor creak behind me and I was getting a bad feeling about this whole situation.

I felt someone getting closer, I could hear them breathing only inches behind me, I closed my eyes, waiting for impact. Knowing something would happen.

But before I could even react to my gut feeling I felt sharp pain on my head accompanied with a loud thud, and everything went black.

Y/N's POV
I came out of the shower, a red robe wrapped around me tightly, it's fluffy interior warming me up.

Mina was laying on the bed watching TV, and I laid down next to her, pulling the sheets on top of me, and turning around away from her.

Just as I was drifting asleep I heard Mina talk. "What did you do with Buddy by the way?"

I had to process the question of a second before answering. "I left him at Sohee's house, why?"

"I was just wondering.." She trailed off, continuing to watch TV but after a second she started yawning and turned it off, doing the same thing I had done a couple seconds ago.

"Y/N~" she whispered, as I was only getting more irritated since she wouldn't let me sleep.

"What?" I whispered back, rubbing my eyes.

"Are you sure they'll be okay? I have like this bad feeling.. I thought I had it over Han-Seok but now that we're here.. I keep feeling like something bad is going to happen."

I turned over, to face her and she did the same. Slowly caressing her face, I looked over to her. "I'm sure everything is fine, Sohee is great at taking care of Buddy, I've left him with her many times.. why would today be different?"

"I guess you're right.." she agreed, looking up at me with an expectant look.

"What?"

"Last time.. you cuddled me.." she pouted, holding out her arms, waiting for a hug.

I chuckled. "Fine.."

...

My eyes stung when I opened them, slowly turning around to see a sleeping Mina. I laughed quietly, at least one of us was able to sleep in.

I slowly got out of bed, changing into day clothes in the bathroom. When I came out, Mina was still asleep, so I looked at the clock, 10:00 AM. I got 8 hours of sleep.. not bad, so why did I feel like I had just gotten 2?

Quickly I realized that there was no room service in this hotel, so I'd have to go downstairs to the small cafe I had seen yesterday when we first arrived.

I left the room, trying to make as little noise as possible. I locked it, so Mina would feel safe when she woke up. My plan was to go downstairs and get breakfast for the both of us, and treat Mina to some breakfast in bed.

I have to meet with the detective at 12, but I think we'll have enough time to eat.. I do want to get there a bit early to talk to Sohee and apologize because I didn't like how things left off with me and her.

I sighed as it was my turn to order, "Hi, could I get the number 5, the premium all inclusive breakfast for two, please?" I gave the worker my credit card, and he swiped it. (A/N- sWIpER no sWiPiNg)

"Thank you for ordering at Little Hill Hotel Cafe, Sir. We'll bring it up to your room when it's ready." He told me, a smile on his face. I smiled back, making my way back to my room.

As I opened the door I saw Mina wasn't sleeping anymore, and was watching TV. "I woke up and you were here anymore.." she giggled. "Where were you?"

"You'll see in a second.." I grinned, she scrunched up her face with a confused expression.

After a couple minutes there was a knock on the door and a man in a uniform came in carrying two food trays.

A smile grew on Mina's face, sitting up, leaning against the headboard of the bed as the man handed her the tray filled with breakfast food.

"Thank you." She scanned the tray which consisted of pancakes, sausage, eggs, orange juice, milk and a fruit salad, as she tried to decide where to start.

He handed me the other tray before, bowing to us and leaving the room.

"Thanks for the food." She happily chomped on her pancakes, as she looked over to me, as I was staring off into space, not touching my food. "You gonna eat?"

"Uh.. yeah. I was just.. thinking." I swallowed, slowly picking up my cup of orange juice, and taking a sip.

A sudden wave of worry hit me for some reason, and it got me thinking about what Mina has said last night.. about having a bad feeling about everything..

I shook the thoughts away, I'll deal with that after breakfast.