Chapter 4

"In a world..." Jordan whispered under his breath from his podium beside me. I wasn't paying attention to Jordan, instead I kept my eye on the count down above the center. When the countdown hit 0, I jumped off the podium and ran out of the center. I had lost Jordan almost imeadietly and heard the fireworks go off shorlty after, announcing the people who died. My luck had worked in my favor this game, the first couple chests that I found had a stone sword, a variety of foods and leather armor. I was ready to take people on, but I could find no one around me. At the bottom of a hill I was on, there were two people battling, I raced down, only to be a few feet away and see the two people kill each other at the same time. I had gotten free loot, but I desperatly wanted to work for my rewards. Its highly unlikely that two people killing each other would ever happen again.

All I could hear was the fireworks of the fallen as I walked and ran around looking for people to fight. Just when I thought I saw someone in the distance, a deep voice rang through the arena announcing that Death Match would start in ten seconds. I chased after the man, if I was fast enough, I may be able to damage him so when we are brought to the center, I could kill him quickly. I caught up and began to swing when I felt myself being pulled through the air and landed on the podium from the beginning. CaptainSparklez had survived and was standing next to me in chain and a iron sword. There were two people at the other side all had better gear than me. I lost track of what was happening and I saw everyone jump off and fight. I hopped down and started to attack the player who was currently attacking Jordan. Jordan had the final hit on him and frieworks erupted from his spot. I quickly grabbed his iron sword and the pieces of gold and chain armor. When I looked up to continue fighting, I saw Jordan collapse to the ground and dissapear, red fireworks took his place. The player who killed him had on full iron and an enchanted diamond sword, there was no way I could possibly win now. I backed up, hopefully he would think I was backing off, than I charged and cought him off guard. I could feel myself becoming weaker and weaker, I would fall soon. I went in for what I think would be my last stand but when I hit him, he collapsed, not me. I won survival games, but more importantly, I beat CaptainSparklez. Soon after the win, I was pulled from the arena and I met up with Jordan in the lobby.

"Congratulations, I didn't know you had that in you," he told me and put his arm around my shoulder.

"I have been getting better when it comes to PVP ever sice I began playing some of Vechs' super hostile maps," I said, shifting myself out of his arms. I have changed alot since I met Vechs, and mainly for the good, and I'm glad someone had noticed that.