1

Welcome back and I hope you enjoy this chapter! By the way everything in italics will be considered a flashback for the time being.

"Lia-san, Lia-san! Tell us another story! Please?" The children cheered in unison as they sat in a circle around the one they called Lia, who was sitting upon a bench in the center square of town. The woman who sat upon the bench giggled as she pulled the hood of her light blue cloak with a gold trim lower over her eyes to hide herself a little bit.

"Of course! What one would you like to hear?" The brunette asked the group of children that sat at her feet.

"Tell us the story about the Princess that wanted to become an archer!" They cried out of pure excitement as Lia smiles softly at them.

"Again? You make me tell that one every time I visit you all!" She exclaimed playfully as they all nervously laughed.

"Sorry, Lia-san! That one is just our favorite story ever!" Said a little blonde boy with a missing tooth.

"Yeah! The Princess is just so cool, to think she planned to leave her kingdom in order to get away from the strict King, and was destined to be an archer with amazing bow skills!" A green eyed girl piped up.

"Mhm~ It's pretty upsetting though that there isn't a true ending to the story because nobody ever got to hear the end. So we're all just stuck imagining the ending for ourselves." A set of twins said in unison as all of the other kids nodded their heads in agreement. Right as Lia was about to agree to tell them their beloved story the children's parents came up to retrieve them. On days like this their parents had always gone off into the markets to buy certain things and left the children in the town square nearby the booths they were buying from whilst they shopped. Lia took advantage of this and took the chance to sneak away from her home to come and visit the townsfolk and tell them stories and rumors about those in the castle of their kingdom. Lia lived in the kingdom of Ranbetsu and they had a castle standing atop a hill overlooking their town. In that castle held a King and a Princess, the Queen had died years ago when the Princess was only three years old and the Prince was nine. Now the Princess had just recently turned nineteen and her brother had just turned twenty five. It was said that as soon as his step-son became of age the King sent the prince off to marry a woman in another distant kingdom and they now have two children of their own that come and visit every now and again.

The King made the decision to pass his crown onto his daughter due to the fact that she was the only full-blooded Reed in the family other than himself, Reed is of course the Royal family's shared Surname. Since she was of age for a while now to get married and have another Reed in the bloodline and she had been avoiding the topic of marriage for some time it was no surprise that once she hit nineteen her father would really lay down the law and force her to meet with a Prince from a neighboring kingdom. Tonight was meant to be the night that she set out to meet the Prince of Tanbarun, Raji. This alone caused the townsfolk to become all a buzz about how they felt bad for her or how it needed to be done for the sake of their country and whatnot even though they had no clue what really happened behind those castle walls.

King Reed also hated violence and so he refused to let it occur in his homeland, banning most weaponry and not allowing his children to step foot anywhere near them. So when robberies or fights broke out he saw to it that they were taken care of immediately, not killed or anything, just put in jail or put to trial for their offenses. Lia didn't agree with the idea of complete and utter non-violence and so when the children's parents walked over talking about the weaponry laws she couldn't help but cut in. "I mean- I know it's for our safety so it must be the proper move on his part right?" One mother asked another as they both held cloth or produce in their hands.