4

Hello again! Hope you enjoy this chapter, now, let's get right into it then! Shall we?

Today is the day, the day for both the court herbalist testing and the day of the guard testing. Both Lydia and Shirayuki were cramming and cramming for weeks leading up to their respective tests and hopefully they were as truly ready as they felt. The two were determined as they walked towards their testing sites and eventually bid each other a happy and cheerful goodbye. Once Lydia split off from Shirayuki she was stopped near the entrance of her exam area by Obi for whatever reason. She raised an eyebrow at him when he stepped in front of her. "Hey Lydibug, I heard that you were going to try and become a guard today. I came to visit you beforehand and lucky me I caught you just in time!"

"Yeah, but how did you know I was testing to become a guard today? We just met not that long ago, Obi-kun." She was definitely confused by the fact that he already knew her plans.

"Kiki-san told me! I asked her what everyone was coming to the castle for this morning and she told me there were a couple of tests going on, and both you and Shirayuki-san were partaking in such tests."

"I see, and why did need to come and see me before my test? I mean- Why don't you just visit Shirayuki-chan?"

"Simple, my dear Lydibug! I wanted to wish you good luck in your endeavors, and besides, Shirayuki-san was already with Zen-sama when I saw her."

"Quit calling me Lydibug, will you? I have a proper name and you should use it."

"Oh c'mon, I like Lydibug. Besides, it's better than runt, right?" He asked with a smirk as she rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Whatever, Obi-kun, thanks for the visit and all but I must go. The test will begin soon."

"You're welcome, and I'll see you around! I hope you pass!" He exclaimed as he ran off and waved at her as he left with a bright smile. 'He's so happy and nice, and yet he's so- Utterly annoying.' She thought as she pressed onward and into the testing facility. The people inside explained that to be a guard you must show allegiance to the Clarines kingdom and so a sort of background check was put into order and all of them were given a paper to fill out with certain questions being asked of each participant. Like, where were they from, what was their previous job like, etc. Of course some questions Lydia would have to give discrete answers, but other than that it went well, then there was a written test on the laws of Clarines. By sunset every contestant there was in one of the bigger courtyards and were taking their physical tests. All results were to be checked out after this and the end result would come in soon after. Lydia took a couple deep breaths as her turn to show off her skill neared.

While she waited she heard someone trying to catch her attention in the nearest tree. "Psst, Lydibug! Up here!" The voice whisper shouted as a frown played on her lips, knowing exactly who was calling her based on the nickname. She glanced over to the tree to find Obi grinning and waving at her.

"What're you doing here! You'll get me in trouble!" She exclaimed in irritation as he apologized.

"Sorry! I just wanted to give you one last bit of reassurance, even if it doesn't mean much coming from me!" The black haired male said as he gave her a thumbs up and she smiled and nodded back, giving up on trying to push him away for now so she could focus on the task at hand. She was honestly secretly happy to have someone supporting her like this even if it was a strange guy she had only met a little while back, but she's never admit that to anyone. She could've sworn she saw him gasp as his cheeks turned a light shade of pink before she turned around once again. As she was called up to partake in the physical test, which was to fight against one of the actual guards do the castle and take them down, she stepped forward instantly as well as a bit nervously.