7

Welcome back to another chapter! Izana has finally made his appearance, though I'm not the biggest Izana fan myself, I'm still very excited to be writing this chapter! Any who let's get into it, shall we? Also I don't know why I let the first scene go on for so long, I just kept having new ideas for the encounter I suppose... 😅

Lydia was doing her usual evening rounds about the castle when she overheard some of the guards gossiping at their post nearby. "Did you hear? Izana-sama just returned today!" One of them spoke.

"Yeah, I know! I haven't gotten to see him in person yet myself, but the rumors have been spreading fast!" The other exclaimed, the both of them seemed rather excited, but Lia found herself worried by their words. 'Zen-kun's older brother is back? I knew it wouldn't take ling for us to cross paths, but did he have to come back now? I was lucky that Zen-kun was kind enough to give me shelter, a job, and a place to hideout. He still has yet to tell anyone else about who I am... With Izana-sama, however, I don't think I'll be as lucky considering his reputation.' She thought before turning on her heel and sneaking around the corner so the other guards wouldn't notice her presence.

The brunette made her way back to her own living quarters without issue, on the way telling one of the guards to inform Zen that she was retiring for the night a bit early. Immediately after making sure she was alone with her door shut and locked behind her she took off her quiver, her bow, as well as her cloak and changed out of her uniform to more comfortable clothing for the night, some light blue and white striped pajamas. The female flopped onto her bed, facing the ceiling as she thought about her next course of action. 'This most likely won't end well. I suppose being a runaway was fun while it lasted..' The woman thought before closing her eyes and trying to get some rest... That is, until a knocking sound came from the window above the small book case she had requested for her room a couple days before going to the fort.

Lydia jolted from her attempted sleep and sat straight up in her bed, startled by the noise. She carefully walked over to the curtains in front of the window, taking a deep breath before quickly opening them up. On the other side of her closed window she found Obi sitting there and waving at her with a cheeky grin on his face. The princess sighed and rolled her eyes as she unlocked and opened the window so he could climb in. "I say, those are cute pjs, My Lady~" He teased and she blushed faintly before playfully hitting his arm.

"What do you want, Obi-kun? I'm trying to get some sleep." She raised an eyebrow at the male.

"I came here because I asked Master where you were and he told me that you had left your post early tonight. I was just a little worried about you and wanted to check in to make sure you were doing okay." The cat eyed male explained with a small, embarrassed smile.

"That's sweet of you, but I'm just fine... I'm just feeling a little anxious is all." She explained.

"Is there any reason for that I should know about?" The taller male asked, growing a bit more concerned.

"It's nothing. As I said, I was just feeling off so I decided to take some time to rest and sleep it off." Lydia waved him off.

"Well if that's the case then I'll just have to stay here and keep watch while you sleep." The make beamed at his genius idea.

"Huh!? And just why would I let you do that you perv!?" Lia exclaimed, her eyes widening and a bright pink dusting her cheeks at his bold statement.