11

Welcome back to another chapter! This one is juicy so let's get into it!

Zen had called for Lydia early that morning with urgent news. He refused to tell her what this was about until she got to his office so of course she was dressed and rushing down the halls immediately. As she got to the door her hand rode up to knock on it, only for the door to open before she Ben got the chance to touch it. "Huh? Lydia-chan? You got here rather fast huh?" The familiar blonde attendant replied.

"Well the prince called me here for something I assumed was urgent, so why wouldn't I? Speaking of which, may I come in, Kiki-chan?" Lia asked and the girl smirked before allowing her in. Zen was standing by a bookshelf with a light blue book in his hand.

"Ah, Lia-chan, you're here already are you?" Zen asked as he turned to face the brunette. She nodded before she replied.

"Good morning, your majesty, you called for me?" She started rather confused by why he called her without reason that morning. The white haired man sighed and closed his book, putting it back on the shelf.

"What happened between you and Obi-kun last night?" The blue eyed male asked bluntly.

"Eh?... Hold on! Why the hell is that any of your business!?" The ex-princess exclaimed in shock.

"Because he's been acting strangely ever since you both parted ways. He's quieter than usual and more distant. On top of that he even seemed to be sighing more whenever he hears your name or sees your face as well as the fact that you both have been avoiding one another. The only logical conclusion is that you have something to do with it." Mitsuhide explained for the prince and Lia rolled her eyes.

"Nothing happened between us at all, he just asked me a dumb question before scaring the crap outta me and storming off." The short woman explained and they all gave her a skeptical look and Kiki piped up.

"Listen, we're just here to get to the bottom of why our messenger is acting weird. It may feel a bit personal, but please, tell us what he asked you." She spoke, more so demanding her to tell them than asking.

"I... He just asked me what he means to me, like is he just an acquaintance to me or something more, in his words." Lydia put a finger to her lips as she thought about what he said to her, the words replaying in her head.

"And what did you say to him?" Kiki asked as she leaned up against the nearest wall.

"I said he's my partner, my coworker, and a pain in the ass. Otherwise I didn't understand what he was asking of me and then he got really serious and really close, it freaked me out because he's never acted that way with me before." She shrugged.

"I see now, he wanted to hear your true feelings for him." Zen nodded to himself as Mitsuhide and Kiki also nodded in agreement with the prince.

"My what?" She cocked her head to the side.

"Never mind that, until you both can confess your true feelings to one another we cannot allow you to do a single mission without the other." Zen stated sternly.

"What!? Didn't you just say yourself that we're avoiding each other!? You aren't helping!" The tan girl shouted.

"We're forcing you closer together so you're forced to work out your problems, so yes, we are helping." Kiki smirked as Lia sighed and crossed her arms over her chest, a knock on the door startling all of them and disrupting their conversation. They all turned to the door as Zen asked for the person or people to come in, who walked in the door was the recognizable redhead herself, Shirayuki. She looked around at the group of people in the room.