5

Welcome back one and all, and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

"This shall be your new horse." Zen said as he pointed behind him at a pretty brown horse with a matching mane and tail.

"Really? I even get my own horse?" Lydia asked as she glanced around the castle stable.

"Yeah! Since you'll be going on missions with us, like today, you'll need a horse like her to get you around." He spoke.

"Ah, so it's a she? What's her name?" The brunette wondered as she pet the head of the horse.

"We all call her Rei-san." The horse began nuzzling Lydia as she giggled lightly. Zen laughed and commented on how much Rei already seemed to like and accept Lydia as a partner. The prince then left the two alone to prepare for their journey later. As Lydia began getting to know her new companion and saddled her up, a certain nuisance started to sneak up behind her as she sighed to herself.

"What do you want with me Obi-kun? I know you're there." She said as she turned around to face the male. He was seemingly startled by the fact that she could detect him.

"You're very keen, aren't you Lydibug?"

"I told you already to quit calling me that dumb nickname."

"But it's cute!" Obi whined as she rolled her eyes.

"I know you didn't just come here to argue with me about a nickname, so what's up?" She asked as she changed the subject. The taller male then remembered the real reason he was there and began grinning at her.

"Well I just had a talk with the prince. He said that if I can prove to him that I'm loyal to him, then I can stay here as Master's attendant! Wouldn't that be great? To work side by side everyday?" He said, pretty proud of himself after managing to make such a deal with the prince.

"More like my worst nightmare..." The light brown eyed girl muttered under her breath as she got back to work.

"Aw c'mon Lydibug! I thought you'd be happy to hear that! At least pretend you're excited, for me?" He pouted behind her as she waved him off.

"Fine... I'm happy to hear you'll be joining the team. I guess I wouldn't mind spending more time with you, and in my opinion, you're the most interesting person I've met so far." The female said with a faint blush dusting her cheeks.

"Interesting in a good way?" Obi cooed teasingly in her ear as her blush grew darker.

"Yes, in a good way. Now onto more pressing matters. Are you coming along on our mission today? Apparently we're dropping Shirayuki-chan off somewhere, and then we'll make our way to the nearest outpost that Zen-kun has been worried about as of late." She said as she moved a couple feet away from him to gather her bow and quiver full of arrows that she had set down earlier.

"Of course I'm coming, it's my new job now to prove my loyalty. How else would I do that if I didn't come along? Besides- Your duty regarding me still stands. You just watch after me to be sure I don't try anything funny."

"Right. If that's the case, will you be riding with me?" She said as she pointed to the horse.

"Partially. On the way there I'm supposed to leave the group while you drop off Little Red and check out the outpost before you meet me there."