The Race of Time Part 2

((Hey can you guys read the Megatronus and Orion Pax story I have? Thanks!))

A Decepticon loses his life when Stargaze drove her knife she retracts from her shin into his neck cables. Wheeljack, trapped back to back next to her, throws his one and only grenade at a group of Cons, only to wipe out a few at its explosion. As the other Cons surround the two trapped bots, Star gets an idea.

"Launch me." She whispered at the mech behind her.

Wheeljack takes no hesitation as he leans down and Star steps into his servo. With all his might, Wheeljack launches Star's small form up into the air, her guns at the ready. All Cons look up in awe, only to have Stargaze throw exploding ninja stars raining down on their faces or Wheeljack to have stabbed or punched them somewhere where it'd hurt. When Star lands on her own two feet, she brings her leg up, knocking another Con out before turning to Wheeljack.

"My 1 o'clock!"

Wheeljack spins around to stab an unexpected Con who was just about to stab Star in the back. In return, Star leaps over Wheeljack to surprise-attack the Con trying to kill Wheeljack with his back turned.

"Back to back!" Wheeljack yelled.

The two bots press their backs together, preparing the spare weapons they have left to face the how-many dozen Cons left alive to attack them.

"I suggest that we split up." Wheeljack grunts slightly.

"Split?" Star suggested.

"Split." Wheeljack nodded, "I'll distract them. You go!"

"See ya on the other side!" Star said as she changed into her vehicle mode and drove away.

A squadron of Cons were about to transform and follow her, but Wheeljack got in their way by firing his blasters at their heads, only allowing a few Cons to follow his partner, but only a few.

'She'd hate me if I didn't leave some fun for her.' Wheeljack thought to himself, smirking slightly as he dodged a punch.

About a half hour later, another Decepticon shot another blaster towards Wheeljack, just as Optimus and the others had finally arrived. Wheeljack falls to the ground at the impact of one of the blasters, only to slowly get back up, struggling.

"Jackie!" Bulkhead ran over and gripped his arm, steadying him, "You good, buddy?"

"Yeah. I'm good."

"Where's Star?" Arcee asked of her sister as she shot at a Decepticon.

"We got split up in the crossfire. Right now? Anywhere." Wheeljack grunts, clutching his injured arm while Bulkhead covered him.

"...Wheeljack..."

The mech heard the soft, weak voice come from his comm link and Wheeljack sighed inwardly. "Starry? Where are you, you're missing out on the fun!" He joked.

"...I'm sorry...Wheeljack..."

Only then did Wheeljack noticed how Stargaze's voice sounded weaker then usual. "Kid? Kid where are you? What's wrong?"

"...You probably have...five minutes for a ground bridge."

"What?" Wheeljack's optics widen before he shook the fear away, guarding himself with his gun upon being fired at, "No way. Not without you. Where are your coordinates? I'm coming to get you."

Star's voice choked, "That's just what Megatron wants...leave without me..."

"NO! No Wrecker gets left behind!"

She scoffs slightly. "I'm not...a Wrecker-!"

"Don't give me that!" Wheeljack snapped, lowering his gun and stepping aside from the fight. "I've seen you in battle, rookie. You're a Wrecker. You've always wanted to be one. You were a member then, you're a member now."

She didn't agree, but she didn't deny it either. "Listen...Megatron is going to torture me to get to Optimus...but not on my watch. So I'll buy you another ten minutes to ground bridge yourself and the others out. Whatever he does to me, I won't talk...so he WILL kill me."

At that, Wheeljack panicked slightly and scoffed to hide it in his voice, "In that case, I'm coming for you, partner. What's your position?"

"Nice knowing you...Jackie..."

"Kid? KID?!"

The comm link went dead and Wheeljack got back into the fight.

"Chief! Stargaze was taken by the Cons!"

Optimus' optics widen and took a blast of fire to the shoulder. The Prime grunts slightly then looked to his followers.

"Autobots! Fall back!"

"What?" Arcee hissed.

"We're giving up?!" Wheeljack growled, "What about Star?"

"Come on, Jackie!" Bulkhead motioned as a ground bridge appeared beside them. "We can worry about Becky-G later! We gotta go!"

Wheeljack cursed in Cybertronian, knowing he had no choice but to follow Optimus' lead, whether he was part of the team or not. He followed the others into the ground bridge, disappearing in an instant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So wait. You just LEFT?!" Miko yelled up at the bots, not caring if they had the ability to step on her to shut her up. "What about Becky's family?! What about BECKY?!"

"We had to assume that the Decepticons had taken her to Megatron's vessel." Optimus informed.

"I don't care if it was Santa Clause' SLED! You could've done something!" Miko screamed.

At that comment, all bots turn to stare strangely at each other. "Who's Santa Claus?"

Miko gave out a frustrating yell before stomping over to the couch. If she kept screaming, she'd pop a vein. Jack looked up at Optimus, sternly.

"So what's the plan?"

Optimus stared down at him. "We infiltrate Megatron's warship and find Stargaze and her family." He turns to the bots, "Do not be reckless. Innocent humans are in the middle of all this, we must take caution."

"No promises." Wheeljack crossed his arms.

"We shall split into teams. Arcee and Bumblebee, Wheeljack and Bulkhead. And then I shall go in alone. We'll be able to cover more ground this way and find Stargaze."

"Well, then what are we waiting for?" Arcee frowned, cracking her finger digits, "Let's go rescue Stargaze!"

"Autobots! Roll out!"