Wheatley x Reader

~Wheatley can change into an android as well as a CORE.

I was with Wheatley trying to figure out puzzles. This puzzle was most certainly harder than the others. Wheatley was on his rail, looking around at the platforms and the acidic water.

"What should I do?" I asked him. He made a humming sound like he was thinking. He suddenly looked up and gasped.

"You see that faith plate over there? There is a platform you can shoot a portal at up there! Oh, wait...no. You'd fall into the acid.  Um...hmm," He said. I stared into his blue 'eye' and found myself drowning in it.

"What if I tried it?" I asked out of no where. He looked at me.

"What? Why would you try it? You'd surely die!" He came close to me.

I made a determined face and shot a portal up to the platform. It was high, for sure. I then looked at Wheatley and pointed the portal gun under me. I wrapped my arms around Wheatley before shooting a vibrant, orange portal beneath me. I fell up to the platform and clung on for dear life. I was high up. I realized I did something wrong. Something terrible. 

"U-Uh..Wheatley?" I yelled down at him. 

"Yes?" 

"I...I can't jump to the faith plate...I messed up. And GLaDOS took away the portal I made to get back to you. What do I do?" 

At this point I was breathing heavily. Wheatley changed into an android and called up to me.

"Throw your portal gun down to me! I have an idea, luv!"

 I carefully detached the gun and threw it down, hoping it wouldn't land in the acid. Luckily it didn't. Wheatley made a portal above me and jumped onto a platform that was in reach. It was slanted, used for jumping sideways. I jumped off of it and made another portal, then when he got to me, he wrapped his arms around my waist and the force of gravity pushed us to the faith plate, launching us to the exit. I was trembling, and so was Wheatley.

"Why are you trembling?" I asked Wheatley. He sighed shakily.

"I am afraid of heights." He said. 

I noticed he got closer to me, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Don't look down and you'll be okay." He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah...that doesn't work- ah! Sorry, I just looked down- AH! Sorry..I did it again." I giggled and felt a metal thing in my hands. Wheatley changed back to his CORE self, nuzzling up against me.

"Let's go find a place to rest." He looked into my eyes lovingly.

"But, luv, we can't take a rest right now. She's watching us. And if she sees us taking a break, oh...she will not be pleased. She'll make the chambers extra difficult." I sighed. Wheatley rubbed up against my chin, making me face him.

"You will be fine." He said in a calm voice. I rested my head on him and smiled.

"Come on, let's continue."

~

"W-..Wheatley!" I was launched onto a ledge that was unbelievably high. 

"Don't. Move." The ledge suddenly cracked and I fell. I screamed and hit the ground with a thud.

"Wait...did she die? That wasn't even how I wanted her to die." GLaDOS' voice piped up.

"She's not dead...she can't be." Wheatley ran over to me and checked my pulse. 

"Ha! Haha,..." He nervously laughed, "She's alive!" I sat up and groaned in pain.

"I am only alive because of these bracers..." Wheatley helped me up and I winced once I stood on my leg.

"Are you okay, luv?" I fell forward and Wheatley quickly caught me.

"My leg...I think I sprained it when I fell." Wheatley gently grabbed my leg and I winced. 

"You will be okay. Here, roll up your pants for me." 

I did so and saw a large bruise on my shin.

"Oh.." Wheatley sighed softly. He came close to me, pulling something out of his pocket. It was a wrap. Medical wrap.

"W-Wheatley what are you- AH-" He wrapped it securely around my shin and put a cold, mechanic hand on it. 

"A-ah... Whea..-" He put a hand on my shoulder and hugged me.

"I know it hurts. And I'm sorry I can't do much to help that. I tried my best." I hugged him back, nuzzling into his neck.

He laid me back and hovered above me.

"I want you to rest. Sure, GLaDOS will make the chambers harder for us...but what other choice do we have now, luv?" I pulled him down and he fell next to me. I snuggled into his chest, feeling him heat up.

"Thank you..." Wheatley didn't respond, "I don't know how I'd ever make it through these without you." No response. I looked up and saw that Wheatley was asleep. His white and blue hair fell in front of his face, his mouth slightly open and soft snores escaped from his lips. I smiled sweetly and pecked his cheek and laid back down. I felt him pull me closer to his chest, and hear him mumble,

"Don't leave me."

Howdy folks! I hope you enjoyed my first oneshot on here! Normally I never post during school days (Mon-Fri), but I felt like writing today. I have two half days coming up and no school on Friday, so I (hopefully) should be updating more often this week. :)

875 words