Ratman x Reader

I wandered around the vacant space in front of me. I was a worker at Aperture along with my friend Doug. Why such an amazing artist would work in a facility like this? No clue. Why I was wandering around instead of going to my office? Well...

There was a massive explosion. It shook the whole building, causing the ceiling to fall in certain areas, making the floor collapse, windows break, you get the idea. Doug was on floor 7 while I was on the first floor. I was lucky I survived the explosion. 

"Doug!" I called out. He wasn't there. I looked towards the broken elevator, sighing, then heading towards the stairs.  

After my long trip up to level 7, I heard whimpering and crying coming from under a broken desk. 

"Doug?" I crouched to the crying man, seeing Doug shuddering with fear. I frowned.

"W-..What happened...W-Where's the Companion Cube?!" He started searching around frantically for the lovely cube.

"She's okay, she's right over there." I pointed to the Companion Cube laying on her side.

"Whew...n-now...what about the others? Are they okay..?" I looked down.

"Y/n..?"

"No...they...they're all dead." Doug looked at me with tears in his eyes.

"I guess it's just the three of us now." I sighed and held out my hand. He took it and picked up the Companion Cube, bringing it close to his chest.

"I thought you were dead, love..." He whispered. 

I blushed and looked away.

"Come on, let's get out of here...Before the place collapses." Doug intertwined our fingers, and I didn't really think much of it.

"I think the exit is, well, gone..." Doug said softly. I walked closer to him, then the power shut off.

"Darn it, there goes my phone call to the police department... and our only way out." I muttered. Doug sighed but then smiled hopefully.

"I know this place, there is one way out, and that's the way bottom. There is a machine called 'GLaDOS' that we need to defeat in order to get out." I looked at him.

"Well, let's go.."

~

After going down plenty of flights of stairs, reaching only half way down, I felt my legs grow stiff.

"Are you okay?" I fell forward, only to be caught cliche-like by Doug.

"U-um...Yes....Sorry, I'm not used to running this much..." Doug smiled and me and picked me up.

"Wha-"

"Then I'll carry you." I blushed a bit, and found myself curling up to his chest.

He started to run down, me held tightly in his arms.

~

When we reached the bottom, he saw GLaDOS staring quite deadly at us. She actually, was dead.

"Who unplugged her?" I asked.

"Chell..she must have been here... That explains the explosions." I clung close to him, feeling him hold me closer.

"Well...Chell is probably out of the lab now...what do we do?"

"We get out."

455 words :P