Cave Johnson x Reader - REQUESTED -

I was a worker at Aperture, I mainly worked on programming the COREs and seeing which ones were defected. My friend, and boss, Cave, often checked on me to see how I am doing. Weird thing is, he normally checks on me more than others. Am I not doing my job well? Wouldn't he just point this out at first and show me how to do it properly? My coworker, Caroline, worked same hours as I did, and I do enjoy her company. She's sweet, generous, and helpful. Sometimes I wonder if she likes Mr. Johnson... she often talks to him when she gets the chance to. But also they may just be good friends..right? They are good friends.. hopefully.
"Mr. Johnson, can we talk during my break?" Cave was currently in my work space, checking on me for the fifth time.
"I don't see why not, not like anyone here actually asks questions or plans meetings with their boss. Go right ahead, my door is always open," he said.
"Great, thank you." I replied to him. He looked after my work, seeing some papers in my pockets. He left the scene like that.

During my break, I cleaned up before visiting Mr. Johnson. I had oil and grease on my hands that smoothly washed off with the help of some soap — okay a lot of soap and water. I noticed the paper towel dispenser wasn't working properly, so I had no other choice but to use the hand dryer. This takes longer. After my extra long bathroom visit thanks to the dryer, I headed to Cave's office. I sat down on one of his chairs placed at his desk.
"Mr. Johnson?" I got his attention and he turned around, stopping his current paper sorting. He sat at his desk, looking at me intently.
"Yes, Ms. L/n? What did you need to talk to the old man about today?" I felt anxiety bubble up in my stomach. Why am I so nervous all of a sudden? I wasn't before.
"I-... well... the thing is... sir, I...." I looked away, then sighed when I remembered the 'always keep your eyes on the boss when speaking' rule.
"I was wondering... with respect, sir, on why you check on me more than others?" Cave seemed curious...especially when he saw the papers in my pocket.
"I try to give my workers equal visits, Y/n," that was the first time he ever called me by my first name, "but I noticed you work harder than others. You have spirit when working." I smiled a little.
"I do? But Caroline..." Cave interrupted me.
"This isn't about Caroline!" He snapped. I jumped back a little from his sudden anger.
"Sorry sir." He sighed.
"Don't be sorry. I... just don't see why she always needs to talk to me when she gets the chance every time," I nodded.
"I think she likes you, sir. Talking to the person you like constantly is a popular thing to do when you are crushing." Cave chuckled deeply.
"Hah... I know what girls do when they have a crush on someone. They make goo goo eyes, pass them love notes, and be as confusing as ever. That's when I found out how to understand them. Nod and smile." I gave him a funny grin.
"You think girls are confusing? Boys are so much worse! They 'hint' by teasing the girls!" Cave has come and saw how I was doing many times, but also pointed small mistakes out and that bothers me. Cave looked at my pocket, and pointed to it.
"What's that in your pocket?" I grinned and pulled it out. It was a blueprint of a CORE I thought of. I showed him the design of it, as he read the 'Nature CORE' title.
"What use does this give Aperture?" I stuttered.
"W-well sir, it gives Aperture a good opportunity for kids to get to know nature better and-"
"What's this?" Oh no. He noticed the back. I was passing the print back and forth to Caroline. I wrote, "Caroline, can I be honest with u?" "Go ahead." "I honestly think Mr. Johnson is sort of cute in a way." "Well of course, he visits you more than others." I could nearly feel the jealousy in her writing.
"You think I'm 'cute'? Puppies are cute, aperture is cute. I'm adorable. Change it." I felt my face redden at the note and reply.
He handed me the paper. I crossed out 'cute' and put attractive. His face was red.
"That... is... um." He chuckled, "it's.. not any better." I was suddenly pulled close to him. His lips brushed against mine.
"This is better." He said with a smirk. I blushed and smiled.
"..."
"Woo! Go get some, sir!"