CHAPTER 1

*Virgils P.O.V*
It was a peaceful afternoon, I was sitting in my room drawing and listening to Billie Eilish. As I listened, I started singing along to it.
"Don't be cautious, don't be kind. You commited, I'm your crime. Push my button anytime, you've got your finger on the-"
*knock knock*
"Hm?" I took off my headphones.
"Hey Virgil, it's Logan. Patton wanted you to know that dinner is almost done."
"Alright, thanks Logan." I respond, "I'll be down in a bit."
I cleaned up my journal and colored pencils, then I ran down the stairs. I was immediately surrounded by the smell of spaghetti, Patton's favorite. I sat at the table next to Roman... I kind of had a small 'crush' on him I guess. I wish I knew how he felt, I'm still not sure about him though. I think I like him but, I feel odd around him whenever I think about it, especially when our eyes meet.
"Alright everyone, dinners ready!" Patton says happily, I don't pay attention though. Instead I thought "There must be a way to talk to him alone, I just can't say it out loud. How should I ask then?" Maybe I could write a note or-"
"Um, Virgil? Are you okay?"
I look up to see Roman waving his hand in front of my face.
"O-oh, um, yeah. I'm alright." I say before thinking,
"Idiot! Get a hold of yourself, Virge!"
"You sure kiddo?" Patton asks.
"Yeah pat, I'm good. I was just... thinking." I assure him as I get myself some spaghetti.
After a bit of silence, Logan started a conversation. For the rest of dinner, we had some good laughs, I almost forgot about earlier until-
"So Virgil, how was your day?" ...Oh my god Roman, really?! Well, I had to give him an answer.
"Pretty good, why do you ask?"
"Just wondering. You're upstairs in your room a lot so we don't see you that much" He tells me.
"Heh, are you sure that's why? Or are you just too scared to say you miss me?" I chuckle as he starts to blush. I think the others noticed too, Patton giggled and Logan smirked.

*Romans P.O.V*
"Aaaaahhh, why is he so cute?!" I thought. I couldn't even have a frickin conversation with Virgil without wanting to blush. I swear he has me under some sort of spell!
Once dinner was over, we cleaned up and decided to watch a movie. The four of us agreed on "The Lion King" and started watching. As always, Patton cried during the death scenes, Virgil laughed while he said that Simba should have been thrown off a cliff, and Logan... did his thing.
"Okay, if you won't let me get into that, then riddle me this, why are the animals talking?"
"Logy, it's just a Disney movie." the moral trait says.
"Well, it doesn't make a lot of sense because-"
"Oh stop it microsoft TURD!" I finally interrupt.
Virgil starts chuckling as Logan starts getting up, probably to kill me. But then, Patton whispers something to him. I swear he's the only one that can make him stop. I honestly think they have a crush on each other, I could imagine them as a couple. Maybe that's what's happening here.
*A week later (still Romans P.O.V)*
Ugh, today was a rough day, Thomas's boyfriend broke up with him this morning, over TEXT, his grandmother was in the hospital, and Joan got sick so their plans with Thomas were canceled. I felt really broken, Logan was disheveled, Patton was in full tears, and Virgil locked himself in his room. I heard crying for a while but it eventually stopped. He's probably taking a therapy nap, he needs those, I mean he IS anxiety.
After a while, Patton decided to make us all some cookies, "Nothing like some sweetness to help a bitter day!" He said through a small smile. As he was saying that, I headed upstairs to check on Virge, we're supposed to keep an eye on him, especially in these situations.
I reached his door and knocked, I heard some movement but no one came to the door. "Is he okay?" I questioned, "He could've been moving in his sleep, it's happened before. I'll take a peek, just to be sure."
I then opened the door and saw-

OOOOOHHH! Cliffhanger! You fell for my diversion, hehehehe. Find out what happens in the next chapter. -Author Person